How would you feed your baby in an emergency?

I thought about it when we had lots of snow in December. We always have lots of cartons in the cupboard, at least enough for 3 days, we have milton under the sink so could sterilise bottles in that. Now we are starting weaning though I don't worry so much about it!!

I have recently been thinking about this too because of the big earthquake we had. I now have tinned food and water as well as a torch but i think i now need to add a tin of formula and sterilizing tablets. Also when LO starts weaning then i will get some jars of baby food to add to the kit. I definately need to buy more water though now that LO is formula feeding

I dont know about where you live but in the uk you can buy boxes of premade formula in sterilised bottles

milk.JPG

There is only one brand that does the pre made formula here in Aus, its not the one i use (i use a fantastic organic formula - its been great) and it happens to be one i dont like (have heard lots of negatives about it) Plus it smells like fish ewww

Ill prob buy some just for an emergency incase theres no access to clean water....better than nothing!

Yeah we only have s26 premade formula here and LO was so upset on it that i will never go near it again

Carmen was born in the middle of winter and we gets loads of snow some years, so I kept plenty of extra formula on hand. Ready-made and powdered, plus a case of bottled water. Now that she's a year old it's not such a worry, but I still keep ready-made formula in her diaper bag and some in the house just in case.

I always like to be prepared; I've been through the blizzards up north and the tropical storms down south so I know it's entirely possible to be stuck in the house with no electricity even if it's not a full-on natural disaster. I've been stuck in the car too (before Carmen was born, thankfully) so I know to keep a full emergency kit in the back seat with blankets, food, jumper cables, first aid kit and all that.

Hi! I live in Florida. We get hurricanes... lots. My oldest was born in 2004... Google "2004 Florida Hurricanes" for an idea of how serious this was. My son was born that July. The hurricanes started coming in August. Every 2 weeks we had one through september. 4 total, ALL hit our town (Im in the middle east coast of the state).
Here though we are always prepared from June 1 - Nov. 31 for a hurricane and in the early part of the year we're prepared for tornados, so we had a very good supply of bottled water on hand. . Enough for 1 gal per person per day. We did have to use our supply of water with powdered formula when the water was contaminated following the second or third hit. As far as washing, we had to use some of our bottled supply, which had to be taken into account when buying the water.
It all worked out and within a couple of weeks we had power again and the water line wa only broken for less than a week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->