How would you handle inappropriate bhvr 4.5yr old?

Lois

Me, OH, Evie & Joseph
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I know how to handle this but it has taken me a little by surprise because if how young the kids are, so I wanted some second opinions...

My daughter just started school and made friends with a boy in her class. They have a bit of a crush in each other which is very sweet and fine. However, when I dropped her off this morning he came overland kept trying to grab her bottom. She kept moving away and trung to avoid him but he kept on so I moved her away from him. Now, I don't want to over egg this. He is 4.5 and probably has no idea how inappropriate it is, has perhaps seen his dad doing the same playfully to his mum and thinks its fine. However, I'm not cool with my daughter getting the message that boys can touch her whenever they want to and that's normal. So I'm thinking... Talk to her gently to teach her that noone is allowed to touch her if she doesn't want them to. Ask her to let me know if this happens and tell her that she can tell a teacher if someone does this during school time. If it becomes clear that the boy grabbing her bottom was not a one off thing then I will talk to the teacher directly.

Your thoughts please.

That sounds just right to me.

I've had a similar conversation with my 4 year old daughter, although she's the grabber! She is always attacking her little sister for hugs her sister doesn't want and she won't let go, she I've told her that if ever somebody says no or tries to get away or cries, you must stop straight away. She knows the same applies to her.

I've had sort of the same thing with my son although probably worse and he's not even 4 yet. He had a friend over, a boy, and they where playing up stairs me and my friend went to check on them and they where both naked 'checking willys' we where so shocked but I think my son was the instigator as he is obsessed with his willy and constantly asks if he/she has a willy. I explained to him how looking and touching people in those areas is not ok and they are private areas. I don't allow him to play unsupervised now as it made me very uneasy, he's not done it at school or anything thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->