How would you pronounce?

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
How would you pronounce Hailey?

This name just popped into my head & I think I love it! :kiss: (At least at the moment!) :haha:

But I like it pronounced "hay-lee" and when I asked OH to say Hailey - she pronounced it "hail-lee."

I know there are other ways to spell it, like:

Haylie
Haylee
Haley
Hayleigh

Would one of those spellings be better for the pronunciation I prefer??

I went to school with a Hayley.

Anything with a Y or I in the middle and only one L should be pronounced hay-lee (in my opinion anyway). I don't think Hail-lee would be a common pronunciation.

I'd pronounce it hay-lee. There is only one L so I wouldn't think of pronouncing it hail-lee.

all except haley are acceptable spellings of Hayley... its a simply name I cant imagine many problems with any spelling

My name is Hayley :D

I would pronounce Hailey as Hay-lee.

All the spellings will give the same pronunciation. What will change from Hay to Hail is which syllable the individual is stressing OR how well an individual enunciates.

Too be very particular I would go with an HAY as opposed to a HAI

Definitely Hay-lee....I don't think I've ever heard anyone say hail-ee. There's a similar name of Hallie (sp?) pronounced Hal-ee

Haylie
Haylee
Haley - this one could be more of Hal-ee pronunciation
Hayleigh

Anything with Hay- in the beginning would clearly be Hay-lee IMO.

I pronounce it Hay-Lee. Hailey is my little sister's name. :)

I'd pronounce it hay-lee. If I were to see it spelt Haley I'd assume it was Hal-lee like caley.

I prefer the spelling Hayley no one would miss say that :).

I've never heard anything other than Hailey...I don't think it makes sense to pronounce it another way--it's like the name Ann. Easy/basic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->