How would you say

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Just looking to hear how people would pronounce Aerin?

Air-in, like Aaron or Erin. I know a girl named Aeryn, pronounced the same

Air-in or like Erin. Aaron is not pronounced like that were I live, it has an A sound, not an E sound. Like apple, or Arab.

Thanks girls. I would say it as Air-in so I'm glad you agree. I have to admit I pronounce Aaron as Ah-Ron and Erin as Eh-rin and I didn't want it to sound like them!

I would pronounce Aerin, Aaron, and Erin all the same way (Air-in). Us Canadians are lazy talkers. :haha:

I noticed that there are a few names that people on the American continent pronounce with more of an "e" sounds when there is an "a". I have a friend from Ohio who says Craig as Creg and it puzzles me to no end, lol. Also words like Nissan, the a is changed to an o, so I hear (Americans anyway) it said like knees-on, whereas I would say it niss-anne.

Any Aarons here would be wondering why you were calling them by a girls name (Erin).

I would pronounce Craig as Cray-g, the 'ai' sound is always a hard 'a' for me.

That is how I would too, maybe it's a USA thing? I always hear Creg.

I've heard 'Creg' a lot on US TV and also I never know if someone is called Kerry or Carrie on US programming as they tend to sound the same!

I would pronounce Aerin, Aaron, and Erin all the same way (Air-in). Us Canadians are lazy talkers. :haha:

Really? Aaron and Erin sound like completely different names when I say them. Must find myself a Canadian and get them to say Aaron and Erin for me. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->