How would you share the news??

Jo20072007

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
Due to a missed miscarriage at the beginning of the year at 16 weeks we are keeping this pregnancy secret from all family and friends until at LEAST 20 weeks, does anyone have any good ideas on telling people that late? Or has anyone got some lovely stories on How they told the news? Thanks in advance xx

I'm sorry for your loss.
How far on are you?
I'm guessing the dates wont fit right for putting it in Xmas cards?
xx

We went home for Mother's Day, and I insisted that my mom guess what was different about me. Mind you, our pregnancy was a surprise, and I was only about 7 or 8 weeks at the time. Being as awesome as she is, she quickly picked up on my cheesy pregnancy grin.

I always thought about giving people little gift boxes with a baby sock or something. Cause baby socks are cute, right? Or insisting that we have BABY carrots for dinner because I'm CRAVING them *nudge nudge*.. But I'm just dorky like that :]

I am currently doing my daughters room up with painted butterflies next to her bed and "Mia" in cursive writing on the wall.
When we decide to tell people (we have a history of mcs too so it's gonna be much later) I'm going to paint a "&" symbol underneath and post a photo to facebook haha! If I wanted to find out what I am having I'd put our chosen name on the wall, but I don't want to find out this time lol x

Aww those are some lovely ideas :) I'm just hoping I don't get a bad reaction from people that it was kept quiet so late. Most family should understand though.
I don't show til about 24/25 weeks usually so I won't have a problem hiding a bump lol
I thought of Xmas but I Will only be 15 weeks at that point.
My sons 3rd birthday is around that time we would like to announce it and I was thinking maybe get him a 'I'm going to be a big brother' t shirt and wait for people to notice when they turn up to see him lol x

Thank you :) family is the hardest to do isnt it. With friends last time I announced it on Facebook and wrote .. Is extending her house by two feet... Which I liked but don't wanna do the same thing lol

love that idea!! Brilliant! and congratulations xx

in fact love that idea so much i've just been online and bought a tshirt for my son to wear to tell our reli's!!!

Aw thank you , glad u liked it. The t shirts are so cute aren't they! X

i'm only 10 weeks this weekend, but want to tell our family at 12 weeks so i've ordered it now... i just hope I havent tempted fate. i'll have to keep my fx!!

i dont know what to say to my family aswell!! im waiting till 12weeks (or when ever i get my scan so can be as far as 15weeks)
i thought about txting the scan picture to everyone but then realised that txting the news maybe isnt personal enough...
but if i phone people i dont want ppl to argue about who we phone first...(OH parents are newly seperated and i can c this becoming an argument)
for u i think family should understand, maybe a big family meal/party? then make an anouncement (was my idea before OH parents became difficult)
good luck xxx

I had a mc at 7-8wks two years ago, plus two possible chemicals, was very worried about telling everyone -- we waited until wk12 (altho I understand why you want to wait until wk20) and took my MIL out for lunch and handed her the scan picture...she burst into tears and by that evening, everybody in ireland must have known! I emailed my parents in the States and attached the scan picture...

best wishes (and congratulations!)

My FIL died last year ( a few months after my mc) and we had seen her when I was 8 wks and 10wks, but just didn't want to get her hopes up...unfortunately, my husband's brother and his wife are very cold, and although they have two little girls, my MIL has seen the now two year old twice and nothing since March 2010 --

even if you wait until wk20, due to previous....they will be so happy for you -- I try my best to keep my MIL up-to-date and my husband makes sure that she sees scan pictures, news., etc., due to my BIL's behaviour, my husband has all the responsibilities of really an only child (we were stuck in NYC last Christmas, so my MIL was alone on Christmas day as my BIL/SIL were too busy to visit at all (they live 1 1/2hours away from MIL), so we're going to ask her to godmother as well to this little one!

Whatever you do, it's the right thing!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back