HPT after miscarriage

bumbleberry

Reaction score
So stupid me decided to take a pregnancy test today. It was a blazing positive still :cry:

I'm currently going through my 4 m/c naturally.
I've had D&C's for all my previous ones so I've not experienced it naturally.
I feel like I've been bleeding for weeks now when in reality it's been 11 days. I'm anxious for it to be over with, I don't have a scan till the 27th July but hospital said if I take a HPT beforehand and its negative I don't have to go for a scan/further medical management.

What are other people's experiences if you don't mind me asking? Am I being too optimistic it'll be over soon? Xx

Mine is positive nearly 3 weeks post D&c (at what would have been 11 weeks). Sigh :(

Thanks, it's hard isn't it staring at the positive tests "wishing" it to go negative again...

I was 10 weeks so I guess I'll have to wait a while longer

I was only six weeks and at two weeks post I still was getting positives. I didn't test after that.

I took cytotec at 8 weeks. Bled for a week, spotted for a week, and the hpt didn't go negative until the week after that (so 3 weeks total). So sorry you're going through this. Sending love your way xxx.

I've not heard of cytotoxic?

It's been two weeks now and still losing a lot of blood/clots, the past few days have been particularly hard as it's just been gushing out :(

I'm also in a lot of pain and think I have a prolapse, I'm at the doctors first thing to find out.

Still get blazing positives on HPT.

Cytotec or misoprostol is a medicine that you can take to induce a miscarriage in the case of a missed miscarriage. At my 8 week ultrasound my baby was too small and there was no heartbeat. I was given three options: wait to miscarry naturally, take cytotec/misoprostol, or have a D&C.

Hope you're ok. Glad you're seeing the doctor. I went in after 2 weeks just to make sure all was clear and a followup D&C was not needed. Such an awful experience to go through on top of the grief. Here's hoping there are sunnier days ahead.

I ended up getting taken into hospital and was in for a couple of days, and was discharged late last night. They gave me that misoprostol as a first option. But the consultants were talking about taking me for a D&C but keeping me awake through the process which was very distressing. They had been back and forth about whether I should go for a general anaesthetic but said it was higher risk.

However I finally passed the sac after 24 hours which I was pleased I was able to do it myself rather than going through the other option.

Oddly, I had no pain when I passed the sac, but I was quite surprised at how large it was (sorry TMI I know but just in case anyone else reads this and is going through the same and is worried because I know I read some scary stories on the internet about it all beforehand). Anyway I felt a lot better after this, the pressure I had in my back and down below left immediately and I just felt 'myself' again.

I took another HPT this morning and it has definitely faded compared to the previous one a few days ago. Hopefully in a few weeks we will start TTC again.

Glad you didn't need the D&C, and that you are feeling better. Passing the physical milestones really does help. I didn't meet my baby until 3 days after I first took miso. The medicine caused extremely painful cramps at first, but I had norco and after 12 hours it was painless (even when I passed my baby). So strange that they were already talking D&C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->