HPT's for dummies...LOL

miss charlie

1st timester
Reaction score
Ok I've has a good ol shufty around the rated and slated HPT thread and everyone has slightly diffeneing views on each test but can somone go through the basics with me...I've never had to use the things before!!

Ok the test for hormone levels so the lower the miu levels it can detect the better right?

What the heck is an evap line?

Are there any pitfalls to using the cheaper tests rathe than CB digital for example??

The CB is great no trying to see how faint the line is ...A evap line is what appears after the time limit thats clear or grey ...the lower the better as in it can detect u earlier the only thing with this test is it could be a chemical and you would never have known as af would come as normal ....If u can wait to test its best to wait until af is due b4 testin xx

So you'd be hoping to see a nice dark line I take it?

....sorry for sounding like a idiot...I just want to get it clear in my head what I should be seeing (whether BFN or BFP!) when I do start testing!!!

If you want to see an evap, go to the Pregnancy test gallery and look atthe thread BFN's I put in some really good evaps. My evaps popped up after about 20 minutes, looked kinda grey (not pink, like they are supposed to) and then disappeared after 5minutes.

You can get a BFP with a faint line, but it looks like the darker the line gets, the more HCG you have in your system (which should be doubling every 2 days after implantation.)

I agree with everyone on here. Normally lower MIU the earlier it picks up the pregnancy hormone in your urine, but like the others said many women often have what are called chemical pregnancies or early miscarriages that are normally not detected because they end before or as AF is due. I have watched many a friend BFPs only to have it end a few days later.

I also want to add that I follow the BFN thread and Pux you usually have me rolled over laughing until my sides hurts. Which reminds me I haven't read the thread in a day or two.

You'll have to wait at least a week for more entries from "THE EVAP QUEEN"!!!! She has to make sure all the stars are aligned, potions made and hocus pocus said... Or until she is 8 DPO. Whichever comes first.

You little liar Pux, I just hopped over to check and saw your pretty IC lettering. Such a beautiful work of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->