HR/Calorie monitor... worth it?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Anyone use a HR monitor that tracks calories burned- and is it accurate as to what I'd find online? Currently, I track my calories based on the average for my height/weight/age and what my loseit app tells me...

Just wondering if it's worth spending the moola or sticking it out as I have been... it worked well the first time I used loseit. But then I went off the wagon, and gained 6lbs back... this time it's been much harder to lose the weight (?) and I'd like to lose those 6lbs (again) and some extra for good measure ;)

I used to use one. It was great. It tracked calories and grams of fat burnt.
It was £25 from Decathlon.
xx

I have the Polar FT4 and it's brilliant. I don't know how accurate it is, but I did have a cheaper one which gave totally different readings for the same exercises (and I'm talking a good 200 calories out). I'd definitely recommend getting one as online calculators can also be very inaccurate.

I was thinking of getting one, i heard really good reviews bout Fitbit but it comes with a price tag :cry:

I saw a cheapie on Amazon for £15 quid and its got good reviews too :flower:

Thanks for the replies- I really do think I want to get one. Just SO many and such different reviews! Ack-- not sure where to start. I do think this is one case where you might get what you pay for. I don't mind spending a bit more- long as it's more accurate ;) I'll check out all you've recommended!

I have the Polar FT4 and it's brilliant. I don't know how accurate it is, but I did have a cheaper one which gave totally different readings for the same exercises (and I'm talking a good 200 calories out). I'd definitely recommend getting one as online calculators can also be very inaccurate.

i have a polar ft7 and i have to agree they are fab, sometimes ive done 45 mins of zumba and online calculators reckon i burned 200 cals when in reality i had burned 600!!! so there are big discrepencies.
i like to use mine because ill start doing something and i will keep going till ive burned 500 cals normally and i can keep track of it.

Well- I ordered something different- mostly because I didn't want to use a chest strap, and read reviews about the "watch" wrist strap (not working as well)---?

So... I got this one: https://www.digifit.com/scosche/rhythm/

Crossing my fingers it works well!!! If not- least I ordered it from a store I can take it back to. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->