HSG

Momof2onetube

Momma of 2 each <3
Reaction score
I’m going for an HSG in January to check my only tube, I’m just wondering if anyone else has had one that can help me with what to expect. I’m very nervous but it needs to be done! Hoping all is clear so we can go ahead with Femara in February :flower:

I just had a hycosy Thur which I think is very similar. I was absolutely terrified before I had it & I was surprised that it wasnt that bad at all. I had no cramping during it & the doctor doing it ended up having to call someone else in to have a look & put more dye in as it wouldn't go through my left tube at all. :-(
I started cramping a few mins after it all & had some spotting a few hours later but definitely wasnt as bad as I imagined. I hope you get on ok.

Thank you @pamg :flower: are they able to clear your tube? This is my fear, my only tube being blocked

There was no mention that they will try to clear my blocked tube. We've got to keep trying now for another 3 months then I see a consultant 21st March to discuss things further.

I’m sorry hun :hugs: I’ve had two babies since my ectopic, even with one tube, so don’t let it get you down! :dust:

I had one done in March after a few years of TTC (off and on of course) and it was extremely painful for me. The dye went perfectly fine through my left tube but with my right tube it took a bit more dye which caused a lot of pressure. At the end they said my right tube looked a bit damaged from a previous abortion done in my teens which could/would cause it to be harder for me to conceive again...I was extremely stressed out from this thinking I'd never be able to get pregnant even though the abortion was done 10 years ago...5 months later we decided to really try that month (august 2018) and we got pregnant right away! I think the dye test actually really helped me and helped to possibly clear out anything that might have been there blocking the tube in any way.

I'm thinking it was mostly painful because I had gotten laser surgery to my cervix for abnormal cells just a few months prior to having the test done but it could have also been due to something else. I guess it's different for everyone, some women feel pain and others don't really feel anything.

Thank you @Kay_ I’m definitely preparing for some pain. I just got my appt for Jan 9th, I have a month to stress about it lol

Thank you @Kay_ I’m definitely preparing for some pain. I just got my appt for Jan 9th, I have a month to stress about it lol
I wouldn't make it something to stress about though, it could end up helping you a lot. I was excited to get mine over and done with to see if it worked for me and it did! They also gave me an advil right before to help with the pain but I doubt that it actually helped lol.

My first HSG only hurt a tiny bit and I didn't take any meds for pain before hand but my tubes were clear. My second HSG hurt a lotta bit because the dye couldn't go through as both tubes were super blocked. My third was a sonoHSG with water and air and oh man it hurt like the dickens because my tubes were 90% clear and they cleared out the rest just a tiny bit.

That being said, each time the pain was only a minute or two and I was fine by the time the procedure was finished. Take some tylenol before hand, and if you're not working that day ask for a valium. Also, it does help to have an antispasm medication if you can. I think my second HSG I was spasming during the test which made the results look worse than they were.

I’m going for an HSG in January to check my only tube, I’m just wondering if anyone else has had one that can help me with what to expect. I’m very nervous but it needs to be done! Hoping all is clear so we can go ahead with Femara in February :flower:
Mine was quite Painful, sorry to be honest. The pain did only last seconds tho, so wasn't that bad really. I know a lot of people that had no pain tho. So I guess everyone's different. It was worth it tho to know what was going on with me and to Move on to the next step. Good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->