HSG?

TTC Again

Teensy bit pregnant again
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for an HSG on Thursday. Anyone ever had this before? Any advice? My DH wanted to come with me, but I couldn't get an appointment for a time he could go. Doctor said I should be okay to drive myself home after...what do you think? Hoping it's clear, but who knows.

HCG is finally down low enough (6 yesterday), so doctor said one my HCG betaon Wednesday should show 5 or lower, which means we can go aheard with the HSG. Otherwise have to wait for next cycle. I'm on CD3 today.

Also, I have read that the cycle of and after an HSG you might be more inclined to conceive...is this true? Hope so! :shrug:

I've heard that you are more likely to conceive as well- not sure how true it is. If you check out the assisted conception- there are a lot of ladies there who have had it done. I've been over there for awhile since I had an IUI and such. You might get some good responses if you post it over there! Best of luck! :dust:

Thanks, I'll try posting there, too.

Hiya I'm a Radiographer and perform HSG most weeks so any questions about the procedure you want answering just ask. At the hospital I work at we don't allow partners in during the procedure due to the radiation. You should be fine to drive afterwards. I have heard that you are more fertile afterwards. Not 100% sure why though.

cazi, thanks so much! I appreciate your information. I had the HSG and it was not a big deal...my Dh was in the waiting room and then came in to see the video of the dye as it flowed.

So, it flowed out to both of my tubes (both open), but there was SOMETHING on the right side of my uterus that the dye flowed around before filling in. Thinking maybe it's scar tissue from retained placenta after my son's birth. The doctor suggested doing a hysteroscopy in the early part of my next cycle to see what we are dealing with and hopefully remove it.

She did say that we can TTC this cycle and see what happens, because if we have implantation on the left side of my uterus it should be okay. What do you think? I don't know what to do now - try, don't try? I should ovulate over the weekend.

I had HSG done a couple of years ago. I have endo so was just to check all was ok as TTC was taking awhile. OMG i thought it was the most horrible experience!!
My mum came with me (DH was working) and the radiologist was the most insensitive man ever! He was rough and having endo obviously made certain parts painful, even the nurse told him to hurry up as he was being too harsh! Was about 1/2hr after that i could actually stand to walk i could not do that alone!

I think i do pain quite well but this was by far worse than endo/periods and ectopic!
im due to have HSG in 2mths to check my remaining tube following ectopic and all i can say is i hope i dont have the worlds worst doctor doing it! I never think that being a man makes any diff but in this case i wish i could shove a catheter up his cervix!!! lol

Good luck with TTC. THey do say that it improves chances for couple mths after as it flushes your tubes of any debris etc. Glad all went well tho.
x

HSG are pretty simple and although might cause some period like pains are not very dangerous and give a good amount of information, like someone else before your chances of getting pregnant are slightly higher after having one.

our RE skipped the HSG and i got the Lap and dye instead which was hell.

Lap and Dye perforated my uterus... thats why i had HSG 3mth later. Not nice!
Why cant things just be easy?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"