Hubby is sick, do i keep LO away?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I think both me and OH are sick, hes throwing up and feeling like he is going to pass out and I feel pretty crap myself (headache, sore throat, fever dizzy)

Im really worried what if River catches it, do i keep her away from OH as he feels worse then me.

I feel pretty dizzy and am really scared incase i drop her :nope:

This sounds silly doesnt it :(

i would keep him away but also is there anybody that can help u ? ....hope ur all feeling better soon

Oh gosh it kind of hard to be away since i'm assuming its just you two can you call his baby doctor for advise? Maybe you can get someone whom not sick to stay over and help...

Chase was sick when I gave birth to Karissa and my mom, and I had just gotten over a cold, so I totally feel for both of you.

I wouldn't keep him away? We never made an effort to keep anyone separated when sick except when Casen had pink eye we kept him from touching his brothers as much as we could. But if he's already sick the baby has already been exposed anyways. I hope you all feel better soon!

There's no one really, my mum is useless and all his family work fulltime. Gona take some beechams (feels like the flu) and hope river sleeps well tonight, give us a chance to sleep a bit off. Really worried I'm going to wake up with full blown flu better not be bloody swine flu :( only got her down 10 minutes ago so hopefully she will slepp till 4 or 5. Hubby even had to close the shop he manages so hre must feel bad, its a tesco express surprised they let him close early

I would try to keep him away. Just my opinion though. When I got home from having my second son, my oldest child got a nasty cold. I did everything in my power to keep the baby from getting sick. Then about a week later I ended up with Pnomonia so I was super drained. All my hard work paid off because the baby didnt get the cold or pnomonia and all is well. I washed my hands lie every 20 minutes and used tons of Lysol to clean everything.

Might be different feeling though as my baby was only 5 days old when the cold outbreak went loose in our house.

i agre with mommyof3, and also at 2 months old baby will still have some of your antibodies in her system even if you arnt bfing so that will help her fight it if need be. but if your hubby is already ill , and you are feeling a bit rough then she has already been exposed anyway
i would still make an effort with not coughing over her / washing hands or antibac gel etc... to minimise the risks of her catching but i woouldnt banish him form being around her , especially if you have it anyway :)

I've been in the same dilemma! My OH woke up last night throwing up and my first daughter has had a really bad cough and cold. I'd been keeping DD away from Evie, and making sure she used anti bac gel and regular hand washes, and now I've banned OH from handling her too lol! He only threw up the once with a bout of the runs and now has signs of flu so he's definately staying away from both me and Evie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->