Hubby seems to be doing worse...

Velathria

Mother of 2
Reaction score
So look like I'm pregnant again ^^
I had a miscarriage in June 2016 and it was really hard on my DH. He almost didn't want to keep trying but after a few months he was ready again but now I am scared but also have a good feeling this time. I feel like everything seems to be better but everytime I even mention the pregnancy he locks down and doesn't look at me. I know he is scared and that he doesn't want to get his hopes up but I feel like I'm all alone with this.

It's horrible how this loss just ruined the happiness of something so special. Anyone else have something like this going on?

I did after 3 previous losses OH refused to become to invested, even after 2 early scans and the 12 week scan, it wasn't until after our 20 week scan he would indulge me in talking about it, give him time :hugs:

I guess we women at least get to feel everything so we get reassured but our husbands don't have that.

I just hope when the 8 week scan comes around and everything looks fine, that he will start to relax a bit. I wish I could do something to help him.

I miss getting hugs and kisses. He barely looks at me... thanks for the hug. It's good to know that we're not the only ones. :hugs:

I didn't actually realise how hard it had been for him each time until I challenged him this time round and he told me, made a lot of sense but it was hurtful up until that point, even though we both promised we wouldn't get to invested I got carried away, I also had some wonderful girls on the birth group here for support where he had no one really.

Blergghhh don't like defending him he has really annoyed me this morning and I'm currently not talking to him :haha:

Hahahah... yeah they can be frustrating :p the thing is my dh is not the type to find support.. he eats everything up... he never talks about it. I always have to coax it out of him.

But good news... kind of... depends how you look at it xD he woke me up at 5 am to cuddle and kiss and he even rubbed my belly. So maybe he had time to think a work. . Or maybe he did find someone to talk to. I guess I'll see how is when he wakes up. Hopefully it gets better. I think partly it'll help getting passed the point of where it happened last time and then the scans will help too :)

OH doesn't really have anyone to talk to either, it's why he was so distant if he didn't get involved he figured if it went wrong he would have nothing to lose if that make sense :wacko:

Sounds like he could b adjusting :flower:

Mine is the same I think. He thinks if he doesn't get attached then it won't hurt. But this way he is missing out on all the happy occasions. You just have to have faith. But that's my husband's way of coping... everyone has their own way. I'd rather get hurt and still enjoy what's happening right now. At least short lived happiness is nice. And in all honesty the last time we got pregnant wasnt on good terms.

Right around the time it implanted I had a cyst rupture and my dh had just gotten off the antidepressants. .. so I feel like this time around everything went smooth. :) got these are gonna be the longest 4 weeks until the scan...:wacko: 2ww is nothing against that xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->