Hubby the issue with fertility? Ice his balls!

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
Okay...crazy, right?

I just read about this, that some men have a low count because they have a vein in their testicles that is too large, and it keeps their testicles too warm and lowers the count, so by applying an ice pack and cooling down the Snowballs, you can actually increase HIS sperm count and fertility!

I'm trying to find how true this is. Has anyone else heard this?

https://www.fertilityformen.com/info_spermhealth.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESUew1TfOE

I am not sure how much is truth to this but alot of ladies have told here that their OH used fertility blends and it helped them alot. You can google fertilaid for men.

I am not sure how that would work, how often would you do it? When I was reading up on this I couldn't find any firm evidence for overheating sperm causing infertility at all and some sites even claimed it is a myth. However I can't get my hubby out of tight undies and we are still no closer to procreating so who knows.

Plus they say that is takes 3 months (i think that's right) for sperm to regenerate and come to fruition (no pun intended!) so you would need to be doing it for three months to get the good spermies nice and cool and to the front of the queue?

But I am willing to try most things at this point so I'll raise the topic with hubby and gauge his response ;)

xx

It's called a Varicocle my DH suffers from one!!

We got his SA in may and his numbers where good but now the past 2 cycles for IUI they have only been 2.4 and 4.4 Mil post wash!!! :(

I'm not sure about the ice thing but the sperm does get hot And tend to die if they have a Varicocle it's like a kink in a hose!!

GL trying to find ways to increase count myself!!

I found this link, Belle. Perhaps it explains better than I can

https://www.jarrettfertility.com/causes_man_semen_treat.html

Sis4us i was wondering can you store the washed sperm sample for long? If you can get 3-4 samples over 2 weeks time then the washed total sperm count would be more and would give a greater chance to have successful iui. With four samples you can get around 12-16mil post wash sperms

MrsWKJ wish it was that easy but they like High numbers to store as the freezing and Thawing tends to Kill a lot!!!

Plus all that can get pretty pricey!!

DH is taking his Supps again , wear boxers , NO Hot showers, and we are going to see if he can do the sample at home cuz in Office can be a Lil hard to do sometimes!!! :haha:

We've been advised by andrology deptartment (mens bits) to keep his testicles cool - i.e not to sit with laptop on lap and to stand frequently to improve the low sperm count.
The poor guy is dying from a soak in a hot bath - cold showers only! ;)
Fortunately he doesn't wear tight clothing. He also needs to drink more fluids to prevent sperm from dehydrating. We retest in November to find out if these changes have improved the count -x-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->