Hubby Vetoed Name... Again.

FeistyMom

3 DDs, 1 DS & Preggers
Reaction score
So... last pregnancy with #3 we knew it would be a boy, and hubby vetoed quite literally hundreds of suggestions. I finally created a spreadsheet with several names for first and middle, that totaled over a thousand combinations and made him pick. This totally took me by surprise because with DD1 and DD2 we picked names easily.

This time around, we are team :yellow: and I was dreading coming up with boy names. Well, he immediately ok'd my choice for boy, and.... vetoed all 10 girl names I had come up with.

I like to use combinations of names from both sides of the family because the connection is important to me. So he's agreed to use 'Dawn' for a middle name, if it works with the first name (My dad was 'Donald'). My first choice was Rosalina Dawn (Rosina is my great-grandmother, Evangelina is DH's grandma). He hated it.

I also like to have a pretty even number of syllables between all the kids' names. Both DDs have 5 syllables between the first and second name; DS is 4. I know that is probably weird, and I can totally live without it, but I like the way it sounds.

So, what combinations of Rose and Dawn might work? Runner up names for me (not that I'd use exactly, but as a basis or inspiration for other names): Barbara, Bette, Karen, Rita, Marina, Frances, Katherine, Angelina

Any suggestions?

I've always thought it was a little unfair for the father to be so adamant and controlling about name choices. The mother is the one carrying, sacrificing her figure, and going through all the physical pain, not to mention often takes care of the bulk of the baby-related duties when the child is born. :( I'm sorry to hear he's being so unhelpful. If you think he's overusing the veto power then I would simply tell him. If a name means a lot to you, especially for good reasons (sentimental, family, etc) then he should at the very least be listening to you and taking it into consideration. How would he like it if you 'vetoed' all of his suggestions?

Cute to encorporate your dad into a girl's name :) what about Donna?
Rosabella Dawn
Dawn Evangeline
Donna Rosabelle
Isabella Dawn
Angelica Dawn

Mind sharing your other LOs names?? Might help

Perhaps he would like one of the names to be from his side? Could that be why he hasn't agreed to your suggestions?

Sorry by that I ment using just Evangelina, not a mixed version?

So... last pregnancy with #3 we knew it would be a boy, and hubby vetoed quite literally hundreds of suggestions. I finally created a spreadsheet with several names for first and middle, that totaled over a thousand combinations and made him pick. This totally took me by surprise because with DD1 and DD2 we picked names easily.

This time around, we are team :yellow: and I was dreading coming up with boy names. Well, he immediately ok'd my choice for boy, and.... vetoed all 10 girl names I had come up with.

I like to use combinations of names from both sides of the family because the connection is important to me. So he's agreed to use 'Dawn' for a middle name, if it works with the first name (My dad was 'Donald'). My first choice was Rosalina Dawn (Rosina is my great-grandmother, Evangelina is DH's grandma). He hated it.

I also like to have a pretty even number of syllables between all the kids' names. Both DDs have 5 syllables between the first and second name; DS is 4. I know that is probably weird, and I can totally live without it, but I like the way it sounds.

So, what combinations of Rose and Dawn might work? Runner up names for me (not that I'd use exactly, but as a basis or inspiration for other names): Barbara, Bette, Karen, Rita, Marina, Frances, Katherine, Angelina

Any suggestions?

why not combine Rosina with Marina and go for Rosemarie?

Frances is a nice name from your other list :) what about Francesca? Francesca Dawn?

Both my daughters are primarily named after his family. DD1 is after his mom, and we both just KNEW that that would be our first daughter's name: Grace Elizabeth (Grace for his mom, Elizabeth for my grandma). DD2 is a combination of his grandma and my other grandma: Evamarie (taken from Evangelina and Ivahmarie). Middle name was supposed to be after my mom (Karen), but somewhat inexplicably she politely requested that we not use her name, so I switched to 'Joy' to kind of go with the 'Grace' theme (and so they have the same number of syllables between first and middle names... weird I know.)

To be fair about the first round of him vetoing all boy names I came up with, I didn't like the ones he had either - the difference being he came up with 4 or 5, of which at least one was used by a relative the year before, another was taken from 'teen mom', and none of them had any connection to family history. I didn't feel too bad shooting down his handful of half-hearted attempts because I quite literally gave him hundreds of options.

These are some great ideas though! I really do like Donna, and we have a good family tie-in to that name as well. Thanks for the ideas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->