Huge bleed at 18+3

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies just wondered if anone had aby experience of bleeding in second tri. I woke up at 2 am on Tuesday thinking i'd had an accident, got the bathroom and I was bleeding, a lot. For those who've had babies before it was like the blood loss you have after you've given birth. I panicked, woke my husband and called the hospital. I was convinced it was all over. Got the hospital and passed a huge clot and my wee samplease was just blood. I was ushered straight to be examined, hb fine, internal showed closed cervix and no more bleeding. All good news. I was kept in and came home this morning. scan yesterday showed no cause for the bleeding, placenta is low and a corner is touching cervix but doctor has said this is not the cause. Anyone have any experience of this? i'm petrified of it happening again. tia x

Wow! I'd be so scared seeing that! Glad baby is fine!! No experience but hope you find answers. Xx

Don't want to read and run :hugs: hope you get some answers! I can't even imagine how frightening this would be :( I've never even had implantation bleeding.

Thank you, it was pretty scary! ironically I have felt baby move much but since it happened baby has been really active. Just dreading it happening again! x

Hi Lottie 2003,

I also had a big second tri bleed, mine was at 19wks 2days. A very similar scenario, I got up in the morning and blood filled my underwear instantly, I also passed a huge clot as I was leaving to go to A&E.
I was also diagnosed with a low lying placenta, and possibly touching my cervix, although this has been argued on scans since.
The baby was totally fine throughout this terrifying ordeal, and my OB was happy that the placenta was the probable cause. I was placed on restricted activity, (I have a lot of other issues too) not bed rest, just limited walking, no sex, no heavy lifting etc and have now got to 25wks and 2days without any more bleeding (touch wood)
Just take it easy as much as possible.

Big hugs and fingers crossed we don't have any more frights!

Xx

Lottie 2007 sorry, my brain is a shadow of it's former self this pregnancy!

Hi Lottie 2003,

I also had a big second tri bleed, mine was at 19wks 2days. A very similar scenario, I got up in the morning and blood filled my underwear instantly, I also passed a huge clot as I was leaving to go to A&E.
I was also diagnosed with a low lying placenta, and possibly touching my cervix, although this has been argued on scans since.
The baby was totally fine throughout this terrifying ordeal, and my OB was happy that the placenta was the probable cause. I was placed on restricted activity, (I have a lot of other issues too) not bed rest, just limited walking, no sex, no heavy lifting etc and have now got to 25wks and 2days without any more bleeding (touch wood)
Just take it easy as much as possible.

Big hugs and fingers crossed we don't have any more frights!

Xx

Aww so glad you and baby are ok and that you've had no more bleeds. i definitely intend to take it easy, I have 3 children already so have been carried on as normal. hubby is being great xx

Oh goodness! What a relief everything is fine!

Have you overdone it perhaps in the run up to the bleed? Or had sex? Placenta that's low or covets the cervix can definitely give bleeds if you overdo it!!!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Oh goodness! What a relief everything is fine!

Have you overdone it perhaps in the run up to the bleed? Or had sex? Placenta that's low or covets the cervix can definitely give bleeds if you overdo it!!!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

well the only thing I can thibe of is that my little boy fell on the playground on Tuesday afternoon, I ran across to him and lifted him up then carried him for about 10 minutes. He's 3 and a half and quite heavy. I'll definitely be more careful from.now on x

Same for me also Lottie 2007, this is baby no:4....fourth and final, but yes, pretty impossible to take it easy with a larger brood! My youngest is only 3, so still needs a lot of help!
Unfortunately I have cervix issues also, and have a stitch in place, so I have to be careful because of that. :-(

Sounds rather scary. Glad everything is fine.

Same for me also Lottie 2007, this is baby no:4....fourth and final, but yes, pretty impossible to take it easy with a larger brood! My youngest is only 3, so still needs a lot of help!
Unfortunately I have cervix issues also, and have a stitch in place, so I have to be careful because of that. :-(

Aww congrats on number 4! Hope all.goes well with you and this pregnancy.

Thanks to everyone else for well.wishes x

That is very scary...:( My thought is maybe you passed a blot clot you did not know of?

I had similar when I was pregnant from
Number 3 looked like Someone turned a tap on and then I lost a massive clot , my placenta was also low I went on to 37 weeks though happened again and they have me an emergency c-section my baby was fine and is a happy ️️although very loopy at times 4 year old,
I wasn't told about pelvic rest when I was pregnant but I think that's something to think about
Best of luck

Number 3 looked like Someone turned a tap on and then I lost a massive clot , my placenta was also low I went on to 37 weeks though happened again and they have me an emergency c-section my baby was fine and is a happy ️️although very loopy at times 4 year old,
I wasn't told about pelvic rest when I was pregnant but I think that's something to think about
Best of luck

Yes that's exactly what it was like! Wonderful to hear you got to 37 weeks without it happening again, i"m more on edge with the pregnancy than in any of my previous ones! I am trying to.rest as much as possible and dh is a huge help when he gets home from work! scan on Thursday so hoping placenta has moved x

Best of luck

Yes that's exactly what it was like! Wonderful to hear you got to 37 weeks without it happening again, i"m more on edge with the pregnancy than in any of my previous ones! I am trying to.rest as much as possible and dh is a huge help when he gets home from work! scan on Thursday so hoping placenta has moved x

I found after my bleed it was just like being in first tri every time I went toilet I expected blood and it put me on edge , I was told my placent might move but mine didn't but my friend had similar and hers did , fingers crossed hun

I had my scan yesterday and it's completely moved out the way, it's right up the top now! Baby is breech but sure he/she will move x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->