Huge dip below coverline!

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hi girls I woke up this morning and I have a HUGE dip below cover line... I took my temperature twice just to be sure.. This has never has never happened.. Cause this be an implantation dip?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
One temp can mean something or be just a fluke. 5dpo is early for an implantation dip but it's possible. I'm guessing it's a corpus luteum dip (someone else on this board just posted about this last week--apparently when the egg is released, your body's estrogen level begins to drop. This causes a drop in BBT that sometimes shows up as a dip between 2 and 7 dpo. Once the corpus luteum starts producing progesterone, your temp rises again. This can happen in any cycle, with or without implantation. An implantation dip is typically between 7 and 12 dpo.

Thanks... I've heard implantation dip early.. Guess time will tell... Have to wait one more week until I know..

my temp seems to take a big dip around 4dpo. it usually drops below the coverline but only for 1 temp and then it goes right back up the next day. some say it could be a fluke, but i've seen it in 2 of 3 of my charts so far (this is my 4th month temping, currently CD5) i find that temping is less about what is normal for everyone else, or even most people in general, or what the meaning of one temp might be, but finding what YOUR normal is, and then watching for times when it's different from that to get clues. i spent so much time in the beginning analyzing each temperature:wacko:, when it's more important to look at the overall pattern. see what your temp does the next couple days and it'll probably become clearer.

having said that, i also read that an early temp dip just after ovulation could possibly be explained as a post O estrogen surge, which would make your temp drop, and that an estrogen surge could be confirming ovulation did indeed occur. and that's a good thing, right?:thumbup:

good luck!:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"