Humous

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can give Alex shop bought humous, or do I need to make it myself?

Thanks x

I think you just have to be a bit careful with shop bought because it contains tahini which is sesame seed paste and sesame allergy is very common.

It's really easy to make your own. Just whizz up in a blender: tin of chickpeas (no salt/sugar added) garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper. x

I agree with the previous post, I wouldn't get the already made but you can make it easily yourself. I just made a version for the boys but it was red beets and white beans instead of chick peas/garbanzo beans...they loved it

Hm, see to me, I think tahini is one of those "essential ingredients" in humous.. not sure what could replace it.. I think that the amount of garlic in most recipes, and garlic in general, may be a really intense flavour for him still also.

I give Helena the store bought. Kids can be allergic to anything. I kinda believe in trying something in small amounts and see how they react. Helena has never had a problem.

Thanks ladies, the garlic wouldn't be a problem - Alex loves it - he has really garlicky spaghetti bolognese. I'll try whizzing some up - we're going on a picnic so we wouldn't be in the best place to handle any allergic reactions!

Oliver eats gallons of shop bought humous! I suppose it's what you're happy doing really!

I give Helena the store bought. Kids can be allergic to anything. I kinda believe in trying something in small amounts and see how they react. Helena has never had a problem.

I feel the same. There's only so much 'wrapping in cotton wool' you can do. You do need to try small amounts of everything.:hugs:

I've been actually adding tahini into LO's foods from 7 months+! My vegetarian baby books suggested it as a good nutrition source and we've had no problems.

However, I'd watch out for the possible added salt in the store bought one, as well as lemon juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->