Hungry baby - should I change formula?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Well Pierre is almost entirely on formula which upsets me slightly because I was so determined to breat feed for 6 months but since I was so run down I had to do the best thing for him - not what makes me feel better.

He's still feeding every 2-3 hours roughly though which means he's having much more than he should according to the guidelines. He has 125ml and almost finishes it. He probably leaves about 5-10 mls usually at the most except at night when he leaves about 1/4 to 1/2. Should I put him on a formula for hungrier babies?

maybe try adding an extra ounce thats what the health visitors used to tell me but i wouldnt listen to everything they say what milk is baby on now? my son was the same so i put him on hungry baby milk hes been fine ever since

I would say not, simply because at just over 3 weeks old your baby will probably want fed every 2-3 hours anyway regardless of what milk hes on. As littlelady said if hes scoffing the whole bottle add an extra oz into it and dont worry what the guidelines are. Every baby is diffferent and every baby will eat differntly, thus the guidelines are only that, a guide.

I asked my HV about the hungrier baby milk and supposadly it can cause kidney damage causing problems later on now due to a recent study thats been done

mind u sayin that both my boys were given it and they are fine up to now!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->