Hurting baby while in the womb

penny23

Reaction score
Worried about hurting my baby in the womb... Earlier while tryin to make my little man move my mom shook my belly. She shook it hard and I had to ask her to stop. I've been worried sick ever since. He's been his usual active self since then. Please be encouraging and tell me my little man is fine. She feels horrible that she scared me so bad but im just worried she shook him to hard.

Your belly is a better fortress than you give it credit for :) Babes is fine!

Well I would never advise shaking a belly, I would definitely have stopped her like you did ( it's pretty odd she did that) if you are ever nervous you can always call your doc ( better to be safe than sorry) but baby is in fluid and usually is pretty protected. How far are you? I was in a car accident my first pregnancy. Was checked out and my doc said he was more worried about the placenta breaking away than that the baby was hurt. ( everything turned out just fine thank god ) anyhow, sorry this got kinda long, but if you ever worry, better to check on little one, but I would think your baby is doing ok in there.

I'm sure he is fine, sweetie. He's supported by being in your belly and surrounded by the cushioning of the amniotic fluid and tissues. That would worry me too, if someone jostled me like that. Baby is trying to reassure you though by moving lots like he usually does. xox

Pretty sure everythings fine hun. I went for a 3D ultrasound and the tech earth quaked him with the probe. She used it to shake the crap outta my belly because he wouldn't move his face outta the placenta. Also had me do jumping jacks.

Thank you! Im having a check up tomorrow and I will ask her about it then. If Im trying to get him to move sometimes I will give him a gentle shake but she shook hard and bless her heart she feels horrible. I just worry alot. This is my first. Im 29 weeks along. He has been moving no problem and nothing unusual. I did stop her because it scared me but I feel bad for yelling at her. I know she was only excited to see him move.

At my scan the sonographer was trying to move baby as she couldn't see the chambers of the heart so she literally pushed her fingers into tummy to try and flip her over!! It hurt so much, then when baby still wouldn't move she send me out to jiggle and jump around! Babies are so well padded out in there! I wouldn't worry too much but dont let it be a regular thing!!

Mother nature is very clever and baby is very well protected. I can only echo what the other ladies have said. I had a sonographer shake me so hard I felt bruised for days and baby is absolutely fine. In fact he didn't even react to it he just kept sleeping as he's quite lazy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->