Husband is finally freaking out!

SaraVO

Reaction score
About damn time. He finally started looking at lists online. He got to G before he got frustrated. And then he came home last night started pacing and actually seemed concerned about finding a name for little man. He demanded a new list with all of my old previously rejected suggestions. And talking about how if he is early we don't even have four months to figure it out. And how this is the biggest decision that we will ever make together.

I have been suggesting and trying to steer him towards thinking about names for months. I took probably an unfair amount of pleasure in his freak out. But I think we may have turned a corner and maybe he will stop waiting for a magical sign and start getting realistic.

My new list

Sebastian (The only name that he hasn't rejected at one time or another)
William (my grandfather, but the name has never been used)
Aidan
Matthew (his best friend)
James (his mom's twin brother)
Caleb
Brandon

Haha, that's cute! At least you can start to get serious about the name now. I love William btw, it's always been one of my favourites.

Your list has more than one style on there! My OH is pretty flakey too on the naming front. He always says...We'll see when we get there... Last time I was in the hospital fr two days before delivering a month early & we didn't have a name when my waters broke. This time I'd like at least a short list. If hubby continues to be flakey, he'll have to deal with accepting my shortlist and we'll pick one of those.

I like Aiden & Sebastian. The latter is really becoming popular where I live. I really like it, but too many friends have already named their boys with that name.

he feels as though he already has a name we just haven't heard it yet. He also thinks that if we are patient and just wait it will come to us. He also has heard of to many people changing their minds at the birth about what to name them. But, I think the fact that I am just two weeks away from third trimester and that the baby furniture is up, the shower is a month away and time is just ticking by has really made him a little more concerned. I am fine waiting for the final decision until we meet him. I just want a list ready with things thought out on it. I had a cousin who was in labor when her sister was reading through the phone book trying to come up with a name to call her son... that's cutting it a little close for me and would just add stress to the situation.

My favorite by far is Sebastian. But his full name would be Sebastian Richard Ontiveros and that is kind of a long name for a kid. I love William because Will or Liam are cute little nicknames and it's still manly and distinguished and has a nice family history. My grandfather was a good, honorable kind man. Absolutely deserving of having a name sake. Matthew I don't really like because Matt is so generic and it is soo common. James would give him the initials J.O. pretty bad. Caleb is nice but my husband would rather go with Sebastian or Matthew over it. I don't know what I expected with choosing a name but this is not fun at all. Kind of like trying to figure out what kind of car to buy. I make my husband do it. Literally, I didn't know what my new car looked like until it was time to pick it up from the dealership.

and I keep forgetting Brandon is on the list at all... probably not a good sign?

Sebastian Ontiveros is a wonderful name! If Richard is too long, what about a 1 syllable middle name? James, Jace, Brent, Drew

Sebastian Ontiveros is a wonderful name! If Richard is too long, what about a 1 syllable middle name? James, Jace, Brent, Drew
He will be the fifth generation with Richard as a middle name. So that won't be changed. It's really important to my husband.

I like Aidan.
You can gave Seb for a nick name if you use Sebastian ( i have a 2nd cousin with that name ) and he gets Seb or Sebby.
My 3rd sons name wasn't properly chosen until a few hours after he was born.
We still haven't settled on our daughters name yet. We have a few on the list though :)

Love Sebastian and I think it actually goes really nicely with your surname!

We didn't have a name picked out until my daughter was born. I was more like your OH and waiting to just hear a name and be like "aha! that's it!".... but it never happened. I looked at thousands of names and nothing was "the one" for me.

I also think you have heaps of time to choose a name. Sophie was nameless till she was a couple of days old :). The name we chose did not fit her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->