Husband started new job-best to wait or not to try?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Hi
New here looking for advice.
Husband just started a new job, we have moved across country and originally I wanted to try this Xmas, but now I'm wondering if its best to wait until he's settled in his job? He's on 6 months probation/trial. Would it be best to wait until he is through probationary period?

So hard waiting!

What would you all do?

I'm in the same boat except its me with the new job - i get my years temp contract made permanant after my 1st year so we're waiting till then.
I would hold out the probationary period if ya can so you know your secure before starting a family - trust me i know how hard it is to have a date get closer only to move the goalposts again- but it will be worth it in the end!!!!

Thanks for the reply :)

Your right, it's best to wait!

Hope these months go fast for us

Tell me about it! I'm waiting till august next year - what's your date? Xx

I also think you should wait :)
what contraceptive are you using? Maybe you could come off it a month or two before so you get to know your cycles before properly ttc?

Think we will be trying from June time. Haven't discussed this properly with husband, but pretty sure he will be on board as he talks about having a baby as much as I do.

Looks like we will be TTC around same time.

My periods are pretty regular Charlotte. As not on the pill-completely messes up my body so glad not using it!
X

My DH was without a job for 20 months between my first and second child. He knew I wanted another one. BOTH of us started a new job in March/April 2010 and started TTC in May 2010 even despite the probationary periods. I was pregnant by June 2010 and looking at my DD now it was the best thing we could have done. You have to make the decision that is best for you - I feel life does surprising things and you cannot keep putting things off forever waiting for things to be perfect - at the same time we did wait while he was without a job as the risks were too great right then - you have to analyse the pros and cons of every decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->