Hvbac?

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm not pregnant, nor am I planning on TTC again just yet but I'm already starting to think about birth with #2 and I really really want a HVBAC! Do you think its a viable option for me?

In my labour with Max I got to 9cm with no pain relief before opting for an epi (i know, i know, intervention leads to intervention etc!) and then i failed to progress and ended up with an emergency c section due to Max being back to back and in distress.

I really don't want anything like this to happen with my next labour. I had plans to be all natural, calm etc and it just didn't happen, which I have basically come to terms with now. The midwives at the hospital kept me in triage for 4 hours (4cm-8cm), gave me no option for a birthing pool and then kept me strapped to the bed until taking me for surgery and I don't want it to happen again.

Are there any tips/advice/books/research you could show me so that I can be fully equipped to put my suggestion across next time round? I'd be so grateful!

:kiss:

I'm reading 'Ina May's guide to childbirth'. Give her a google or have a look on YouTube. She knows her stuff!

Do you mean you want a home birth? If so this site has some good info:
https://www.homebirth.org.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"