Hycosy in 2ww

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by jeanettekaren, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jeanettekaren

jeanettekaren Mummy to Finn

I've got an appointment for a hycosy on 12th May which is in the middle of the 2ww. Am I right in thinking that I shouldn't ttc that month? I'll phone the hospital and ask and I don't fully understand what a hycosy involves yet but I think its something flushed through the uterus and fallopian tubes to check for blockages??

It seems to me like a really obvious question but I can't believe that nothing was mentioned about this from the hospital, is pretty important to the health of the possible fertilised eggy (wishful thinking I know, but still....)

2. dinky

dinky happy mum to 2 girls :)

would love to help but i dont even know what a hycosy is! sorry
    :dust:

3. alison011177

alison011177 Well-Known Member

my best friend is now 14 weeks pregnant, had hycosy they told her she would ovulate in next couple of days, they did the dance THAT night and only that naght and hey presto! They have been trying 14 months!
    al x

4. fingersx

fingersx Well-Known Member

This may not help but hope it does.

Its sound like the same procedure that i had but it was called a hysterosalpingogram where they run dye through your tubes to check for blockages. My understanding was it has to be done between CD 5-10, my FS advised if there was a chance of being pregnant they will not carry it out. BTW for the next 3 months after it apparently increase fertility. fx
    xx

5. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

I would not TTC just to be on the safe side. Good luck with your procedure!

6. jeanettekaren

It is the same as an HSG apparently, my hospital doesn't seem bothered about what day of my cycle I'm on as long as I haven't got my period. I'll phone and ask but I assume most places want it doing between days 5 and 10 is to make sure that you haven't O'd yet and there is no chance you could be pg that cycle??

I'm due the :witch: on Friday so I might not need it but I'm not very hopeful this month, I haven't even thought about POAS :cry:

7. sugarpuff

sugarpuff Well-Known Member

hi, i was told that they wouldn't do the hycosy unless i declared that i had not had unprotected intercourse during that cycle - they were very strict on it !

8. jeanettekaren

I'll think I'll have a couple of sex free weeks to be on the safe side, all this bd'ing is getting a bit much :blush:

I haven't told DP yet though :rofl:

9. kat08

kat08 Well-Known Member

Hi

I had a Hycosy a couple of months ago and was told as long as I had done a PG test it didn't matter what day of the cycle I was on - good job really as I was on something like CD 128!

10. kat08

kat08 Well-Known Member

Oh and by the way it's not the nicest experience so make sure OH looks after you!