Hydrocortisone Canesten

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
I usually use this just before my AF for a couple days and the itchiness goes away. Since conception I have been very itchy doen there (sorry, TMI) and not used anything but its so irritable esp at night, it wakes me up.

Midwife said I can use the Hydrocortisone Canesten and its safe. Im 8 weeks. However, Im conscious of the fact that hydrocortisone is a steroid and really don't want to use it. Just normal thrush creams (Canesten on its own) never works for me so im not sure what I can do?

What do you ladies do?

An acidic diet (high in sugar, artificial sweetener, caffeine, processed wheat/white flours etc) can cause havoc with good bacteria in your body allowing bad bacteria to thrive which keeps thrush alive and flourishing in your body. Switch to more alkaline foods in an alkaline diet veggies, clean protein & cut out sugar – will help good bacteria grow, you'll have more energy, less headaches and better digestion. Are you getting heartburn too by any chance?

Probiotics also help get rid of candida/bad bacteria and thrush. The best sorts are capsules that need to be refridgerated. Get to a health food store and they should have loads of types, the best are the ones with the most types of strains of good bacteria. Yoghurt is good but often only has 1 strain whereas you're in a really bad state and probably need a good variety to get your health back. There's lots of websites that talk about how thrush is prevented:
https://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/thrush-in-pregnancy-prone-to-thrush

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

An acidic diet (high in sugar, artificial sweetener, caffeine, processed wheat/white flours etc) can cause havoc with good bacteria in your body allowing bad bacteria to thrive which keeps thrush alive and flourishing in your body. Switch to more alkaline foods in an alkaline diet veggies, clean protein & cut out sugar – will help good bacteria grow, you'll have more energy, less headaches and better digestion. Are you getting heartburn too by any chance?

Probiotics also help get rid of candida/bad bacteria and thrush. The best sorts are capsules that need to be refridgerated. Get to a health food store and they should have loads of types, the best are the ones with the most types of strains of good bacteria. Yoghurt is good but often only has 1 strain whereas you're in a really bad state and probably need a good variety to get your health back. There's lots of websites that talk about how thrush is prevented:

Great information! I was stalking and appreciate the detailed advice!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I don't get headaches nor heartburns.

I do think I had a high sugar diet pre-pregnancy but only drank 2 mugs of tea. However, its all been cut out since pregnancy and at the moment Im suffering with feeling constantly nauseous so not eating much anyway.

Ill get some probiotic from health stores, not sure if the capsules are available in the uk as ive usually seen the drinks here. Thank you so much for the web links and will go have a read there :flower:

Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon, my pleasure bella. As much as I say cut the sugar I just got myself some dried candied ginger for ms which will likely come soon. I had thrush down there last year and it was terrible. Then I had heartburn and complained to my doctor and she asked if the fertility clinic put me on antibiotics...they did! it knocked out all of my good gut bacteria which gave me wicked bad heartburn and thrush. Not fun. But now that I know it's also sugar that causes it it's much easier to prevent. I wish all doctors had this sort of down to earth advice over antiacids and steroids. They're ok to treat once you're struggling with it but we need long term health care advice not bandaid solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->