Hyperemesis and Cyclizine

Mummytoosh

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been suffering with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and yesterday the doctor prescribed me 50 mg of Cyclizine 3 times a day.
This morning I was beginning to think they were working, I managed to get through the school run and a playgroup meeting without being sick and without that horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Up until then I couldn't even keep water down. I am feeling very odd though, really spaced out, my arms & legs feel weird and I feel slightly irritated by everything! Unfortunately I have just been really violently sick :sick: so maybe I jumped the gun.
Does anyone else have experience of Cyclizine? Did they work for you? Any side effects?
Thanks xx

I had hypermesis and was put on the meds by our hospital after two lots of iv fluids. When I first staring taking them they made me feel really spaced out and drowsy but didn't help with the sickness. After a week or so they did help but still felt nauseous all the time and had such awful heartburn all day long. So for me no I wouldn't recommend them but I've heard lots of ladies say they worked for them. I really hope you feel better soon!

Hi hun, I have HG too. Is cyclizine called Reglan? They had me on that 3xs a day as well and it didn't really work for me either. They also had me on zofran 3xs a day and lactated ringers (fluids w nutrients) all of which I receive intravenously thru my PICC line. Unfortunately, nothing really helped me and I still had constant nausea and vomiting several times per day. Once I hit 10/11wks though it lightened up a bit. I'm still nauseated but I don't throw up everyday, more like every other day (knock on wood). I'm hoping it continues to improve with time. So sorry hun, HG is just miserable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->