hyperemesis with #2?

fizzypop

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am delighted to be back here with #2! I am 5 weeks so still only early but with #1 I had hyperemesis until 25 weeks.. has anyone else not had it with their second? I'm terrified.

Hi, aaw I really feel for you I hate that waiting stage where you just never know how ill you are going to feel. I had hyperemesis with my first up until about 30 weeks, this time I still had it but I didn't feel it was as bad and I was very lucky to be feeling a lot better by 16 weeks and almost able to live a pretty normal life, since 18-20 weeks I have been absolutely fine and have had much more chance to enjoy this pregnancy.
I hope this makes you feel a little better and I really hope you manage to skip it all together this time!

I was really poorly with my first - admitted to hospital etc. With my second I started antisickness tablets before it started and I was much better. With this pregnancy I have felt sick and tired but haven't been sick. So there is definitely hope that you wont be as poorly. Fingers crossed! X

Thanks ladies.. hoping it stays away! Last time I ended up in hospital and the midwives treated me like a total time waster who was just hamming up MS!

Hey im first time HG suffer but know few women who had it with #1 were advised to start meds straight away with next babies to prevent how bad it got, and they said it helped greatly.
If this wasnt our last baby i would do that too for next, in my eyes anything worth trying to avoid this. Good luck! x

Oh my goodness it's good to hear some people haven't had it as bad second time round. I had HG from 6 weeks until 39weeks. My goodness it was just horrific. I'm so so nervous about getting it again. I've pretty much wiped off my summer just incase. It truly is such an awful thing to go through.

It's certainly given me hope sarahpip. I wonder if second time is 'easier' mentally because you know where it is heading with your second.. you know it is worth it. So far I've had nothing but slight queasiness after dinner... hope everyone escapes HG xx

I'm currently pregnant with no 3 and also suffering with hg. I suffered with hg with both my previous pregnancies too despite anti sickness meds :-(

I hope you manage to escape it!!

I had it with #1 but not #2 . I was hospitalized with #1 still had ms with #2 but no hg!!! There's hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->