Hyperemesis- worse with age?

BST Mama

Mother of 4- Pregnant #5
Reaction score
I am 37 and on my 5th pregnancy. My other children are 13, 10, 8 and 3. Absolutely no morning sickness with the first 3. The 4th pregnancy I was nauseous but able to function. This pregnancy is KICKING MY BUTT! I am so sick 24/7. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and was getting dizzy while lying down. Went to the doctor yesterday and they diagnosed me with hyperemesis. My BP was 80/50. Additionally, I am so much more tired this pregnancy, I have ZERO energy to do anything (maybe due to dehydration and not eating). But it makes me wonder.....is this an age thing? Or a twin thing? I can NOT handle twins right now :nope: so I'm hoping you will all say age....:shrug: First ultrasound tomorrow afternoon....currently 7w6d.

I am 35 years old. I only have one to compare, but with my son I had no morning sickness, none, zero. That was 15 years ago, and I had not been pregnant since. With this pregnancy the toilet and I are on a schedule. At the worst I was puking 6-10x a day. I thought it was getting better, but today I gave the cat some wet food and that was enough to make me run to the bathroom.

it's actually been the opposite for me.. easier with age :shrug: 1st one was when I was 23.. I had hyperemesis and was in the hospital. 2nd pregnancy at 32- so so sick.. 3rd pregnancy at 33- and ZERO ms. I'm preggo again (35 yrs now ) and it's been very touch and go and very minor so far :shrug:

I hope it eases up for you! :hugs:

I agree easier with age. Severe hypermesis at age 19 with 1st child...regular manageable hardly any vomiting with #5 at age 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->