Hypermobility and Ligamentous Laxity

mumto5

Reaction score
Our son is nearly 4 years old and is undergoing assessments for ASD. He has tho been diagnosed with Hypermobility and Ligamentous Laxity and was wondering if anyone had any ideas where i could get some special needs shoes for him that would support around his ankles abit better than ones you buy off the high street. We have been to clarkes and there wasn't much choice as its mainly shoes and summer sandles.
thanks in advance

https://www.gilbert-mellish.co.uk/products/footwear/Piedro/index.php

maybe this will help?

You're welcome - also, don't know if you know you may be able to get them on prescription if you see your GP. Worth a try.

Hiya. I'm not sure where you live, but if you're in the UK, you should be able to get shoes on prescription from the doctor. We have a child at my school who gets Kickers on prescription, and they're actually pretty cool looking too.

hey hun just wanbted to say my son was 3 when he was dignosed as hyperbolibe but hes has the syndrome if u wanna chat message me xx

hi hun is your son undergoing any physiotherapy if so ask the physio about shoes as they will normaly have a idea on where to get things like that and also i have to say i have hypermobility syndrome :D and i hope that it doesnt give your son to much trouble xxxx

Hiya mumto5, I am new on here but I saw this and had to reply. I have hypermobility syndrome so if you ever want to talk feel free. I have been diagnosed for 20 years now and hopefully may be able to help you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->