Hypermobility

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Maman, May 31, 2011.

1. Maman

Maman Guest

well after lots of moaning about my spd and aches and pains it turns out i have hypermobility. pregnancy is affecting it. anyone else have this?

2. Mocha_Baby XD

Mocha_Baby XD Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D

I have had it all my life! have to be pretty careful with my joints because they are so limber lol. My wrists are pretty bad i can bend my hand forward to touch my arm with ease it freaks people out hehe. Pregnancy tends to make you more flexible so us lucky people with hypermobility get a bit too flexible i think, my joints have been really achy and especially my lower back and hips atm so painful =(. Hope you feel better =] xoxo

3. SuperKat

SuperKat New baby on the way!

I don't have hypermobility, but I do have spd, it sucks =( Hope you find something that helps! (I am dealing with it for the 4th time and still haven't found anything *sigh*)

4. Maman

Maman Guest

apparently its genetic, i always knew i was flexible but until yesterday i didnt know that i could do some things that otehr people cant, like twisting my arms round and bending my knees forward a fair amount, i can make my shoulders look dislocated too lol. we always thought my husband was the double jointed one cause he can bend his fingers where most of us cant.

Its a bit of a nightmare because shes told me not to do anything that makes me hurt for more than an hour afterwards, which is nearly everything.

i guess the plus side is lots of collagen will make us look younger lol