Hypno birth?

Tamara

Reaction score
Any stories or advice?

When I was pregnant with Noah as he was the first for both of us we wanted to have him in the hospital in case anything went wrong and also because we didn't know what to expect! However now with baby number 2 we know a lot more and have already had one. We have decided to have a hypno birth. We are still debating whether to have it at home or hospital. We have got into our first choice hospital where we had Noah and they were excellent so it all rests on whether or not we can get water birth! I would love you here everyone elses stories though and maybe a few tips? Still in the "lots of research" stage :)

Well I decided not to go to the classes but I bought two really good books... Birthing the easy way and hypnobirthing the Morgan method. I had THE most amazing birth wit DD2 my husband when he was on the phone to the midwives even commented on me being asleep :haha:

I got myself into such a relaxed place that I just dozed in and out it was totally amazing. I did it my own way though I didn't need to not say certain words etc etc I just used the relaxing techniques :)

i'm keen on Hypnobirthing but work shifts so it would be near to impossible to sing up for a course. I was looking for book titles so thank you!!!

Nov mum there's a home study course with 10% off on a thread on here. I'll get you a link....

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/509198-home-study-hypno-birth.html

^^^ that's the course that I am doing can't comment on birth but love how relaxed it makes me feel, is really helping me sleep through the pregnancy niggles!

I'm also doing the above home course, and I'm sure it'll help, if nothing else for learning the breathing & relaxation techniques. I've also got the Mongan book, Sheila Kitzinger's Natural childbirth, and Ina May's Spiritual Midwifery & guide to childbirth, so all based around natural birth which I find supportive of the hypnobirthing technique :)

Will be buying some of these books! I will have to have a look into this course too.

Hi

I had a home hypno birth (with aromatherapy) with DD2 and it was the most amazing experience of my life :cloud9:

I bought the Natal Hypnotherapy cds from e-bay and as soon as I received them (12 weeks maybe??) listened to the pregnancy relaxation one at night, probably 3 times a week, which helped me relax and sleep really well - in fact, better than I had done in years! I then started listening to the birth preparation cd from 30 weeks which was fantastic. I did it around 3 times a week until about 38 weeks, then every night after that as well as during the afternoon a couple of times a week.

During labour I listened to the birth music cd and burnt a special labour blend of oils whilst inhaling some lavender on a hankerchief. I had no pain relief other than the hypnotherapy and lavender.

I found the 3-2-1-RELAX extremely helpful, and I said it to myself internally during every contraction throughout labour.

You can read my birth story if you click on the link in my signature so I won't go into all the details here.

Good luck and hth :flower:

xx

I used the Natalhypnotherapy CDs and it was good, was far more relaxed with tat baby than the others (was much quicker too), I didn't use it as often as Greta did though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->