Hypnobabies vs hypnobirthing Mongan Method

MEPride

Reaction score
Has anyone tried hypnobabies or hypnobirthing through the Mongan Method?

I really want to give myself and my baby the best chance of a natural birth. The Mongan Method course near me is $240 though, and that's a bit much for me to spend.... but the hypnobabies self study course sells for $168, and while still expensive, is definitely cheaper.

Which have you tried or heard anything about? What are the major differences between the two programs?

Not sure about Hypnobabies but I did classes in the Mongan method with my first and it was the best money I ever spent. I believe it was the only thing that kept me progressing through a complicated labour and kept me from needing a section. I just started classes again for my second.

I did hypnobirthing and absolutely loved it! I definitely think it helped me to have a positive experience and I'm looking forward to doing it again this time. If nothing else I think it helped me to feel empowered and excited about giving birth instead of feeling scared or anxious in the weeks leading up to it. I don't have any experience with either of the programs you mentioned. I would have loved to have taken classes but I couldn't afford it so I did it on my own at home. I bought Maggie Howells 'natal hypnotherapy' CD and listened to it about a million times in the months before my son was born, sometimes I even fell asleep listening to it on my IPod so listened to it subconsciously on repeat a million times as well. It was basically just a guided meditation of a positive birthing experience, which really is all hypnobirthing is- meditation and breathwork. I don't know, I personally think it played a major role in the experience I had but maybe it was just coincidence and I just got lucky because I know other people who listened to it as well and didn't feel like it helped at all. For $15 it certainly can't hurt right?? And like I said before, if absolutely nothing else I felt calm, empowered, and excited leading up to it so that alone felt worth it even if I had turned out to have had a completely different birthing experience than I did.

I also prepared for birth other ways as well. I truly believe that knowledge is power and learning as much as I could about not only birth itself but also the birthing industry, was also just as important as hypnobirthing in shaping the experience I had. Ina May Gatskin's Guide to Childbirth was an amazing book of positive natural birthing stories and was a wealth of information as well. She also wrote 'spiritual midwifery' but I haven't read it yet. 'Birthing from within' is another good book by Pam England.

I don't know anything about the programs you mentioned because I just couldn't afford them, but I have nothing but positive things to say about hypnobirthing in general whichever method you choose! I'm so glad I found it and gave it a try. I'm really looking forward to listening to that CD again. I know it's at least part of the reason I was able to stay as calm and relaxed as I did because if I learned anything it was that the best way to get through the pain of childbirth is giving in to it. That's I think what hypnobirthing does, gives you some tools to be able to go inward and find that strength to give in and trust your body and the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->