hypnobirthing anyone know about it???

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
I'm really hoping someone does or has some experience. My story is...I have 3 children and used drugs on all 3. On my last the labour was relatively quick and the epidural did not work. I ended up totally freaked out and then he was in a bad position and it was not exactly a beautiful birthing experience. I ruled out any more, but then changed my mind and am just 6 weeks pregnant. I was wondering if hypnobirthing could help me overcome some of my fears and maybe even make it so I would not want an epidural. Does that make sense?
So if any one can share their experiences or give any advice I'd really appreciate it. I know very little about it. I know one mum irl who used the techniques but don't want to say I'm pregnant yet, just incase. I've had 2 losses before.
Thanks

There are women in the Home and Natural Birthing section who'd be able to help. I used hypnotherapy to keep calm with my son's birth, and it really helped. It was just a CD and a mismatched book my MW lent me. My birth story is in my signature. I'd use it again for any more children. If you want to avoid an epidural, there are other techniques on the Home and Natural Birthing section that can help, like waterbirth, keeping mobile, TENS, etc.

I used it for my drug-free home birth and it was fabulous. (I used Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method with the CD.) It was particularly good at changing my state of mind when it came to birthing and it allowed me to go into it calmly and without fear. Birth wasn't even particularly painful for me, and I do think that the Hypnobirthing helped with that. I think it's definitely worth giving it a read and skipping the sections/ techniques that don't resonate with you. :) I'd do it again for another birth.

I used Natal Hypnotherapy, which is the UK version of Hypnobirthing. I LOVED IT. It concentrated on more what to think about and say, as opposed to words you should avoid saying in labor.

I downloaded Hypnobabies tracks online somewhere for free. I listened to them at night to fall asleep to every night in my last trimester. I really believe they work. I listened to them in labor and got right in the zone. I hardly moved when his head started to come down. The midwife didn't believe me when I said I was crowning. The nurses were pretty amazed too.

Read my birth story if you want!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...78219-pain-free-gbs-hospital-water-birth.html

I used Natal Hypnotherapy, which is the UK version of Hypnobirthing. I LOVED IT. It concentrated on more what to think about and say, as opposed to words you should avoid saying in labor.

Me too - although I got to it late so only used CD and not the book. I was in labour for 94hours and was never scared, never felt out of control or anything. I also used TENS early on, (asked for diamorphine at about 5cms so I could sleep and totally regretted it - would never use it again) and got a bit of gas and air at 10cms, which was great for a few minutes but the valve kept sticking and I ended up handing it back so I could concentrate properly on what I was thinking and doing.

I used the hypnobabies cds, they were wonderful, I did the relaxation exercises everyday since week 30 till week 41 (I was overdue). I had to be induced, but I didn't have a painful labor, just the transition and pushing were challenging/ more physical, but I managed without pain relief.
As I went to the hospital from the night before I gave birth I have to say the relaxation/hypnosis techniques really kept me relaxed and optimistic, I didn't panic, I calmly refused analgesic drugs, I recovered well, and didn't have ppd. My baby was born calm, and latched well on the boob.
After this experience I will use them again with my next (hopefully) and will consider a home birth too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->