Hypnobirthing - birth breathing

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
In class we were taught to take a short deep intake of breath through the nose and blow out through the mouth but in the book it says to breath it down your throat I guess nosed breathing still. Does it matter or just what feels right at the time?

I can't help but would like to know the answer aswell! I'm hopeing I will just know at the time :)

Breathing down your throat will really help you to focus all your energy on getting lo further down. Some women are overly possessed with the feeling to push that breathing through your throat will help you to stay in control of the pushing and not to bear down or "purple push". But when you breath all that air out of your mouth instead your wasting precious energy that should be focused on nudging lo down.

Does that make sense?

Practise it on the toilet. Seriously. Try both, see what works best. On the day, do what feels best. That's the nice thing about birth. It's like sex. It's touchy feely. You are allowed to wing it and just do what feels gooood ;)

You can't know what will feel best for you until you're in labor.
I'd say it's a very positive thing that you are aware of both breathing techniques, so you can practice these and when labor comes, you can try them out and see which one works best for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->