Hypnobirthing question...

SarahSausage

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
I'm planning a hypno water birth at my home from home if all goes well but I want to stay at home for as long as possible before going there. I have only just done my first class of hypnobirthing and just wondered how you stay in deep relaxation if you have a car journey to the hospital? It seems to me that it would be interrupted to an extent by the upheaval? I would love any tips for this.

iPod with a relaxation track or affirmations playing would be my advice. Make sure your birth partner gets everything in the car ready to go and you are left undisturbed while they are faffing about! Then you join them in the car with it playing in your ears. :)

Yep - the mp3 player is great!

I did lose a bit of my concentration on the way (the pants I had decided to wear were irritating), but was able to keep my head more or less. Once we got there and settled, I was able to get back "in the groove".

Checking in is another bit of a headache - our doula was great because she had kept track of things like when my water broke and how far apart contractions were, so she answered all of the questions, so I could continue to focus.

Thanks for the tips. I've just read your birth story disneyfan-very inspirational. I hope my next birth will be similar.

i have heard of this, but am unsure if it actualy works, has it been successful to any of the ladies who replyed to sarahs post???

im still undecided.. :) x

disneyfan ive just read your storey, absolutely fab, thanks 4 sharing it x

Thanks!

My hubby was quite skeptical, but now he tells everyone about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->