Hypochondria for myself and my kids...hard time coping during pregnancy

MommaLT

Reaction score
I have always struggled with anxiety...since my first child was born 10 yrs ago. Its been relatively mild, and only occasionally got severe enough to warrant meds. My biggest triggers are medical/health issues. It could be nothing, but I fret and worry and panic about a worse case scenario. It has progressively gotten worse, and since I am now pregnant with my 4th (due in February) and last child, I am not taking any meds. It has been especially bad since September, which is mainly because I have joined a recovery group to try and uncover the roots of these fears, and deal with them so I can finally be free from them. since joining, there have been multiple health issues come up. My 5 yr old son has the herpes cold sore virus and has had constant cold sore outbreaks since the end of september and even though 2 peds at our practice have said its not anything to worry about, I cant let it go. I also just found out I am mildly anemic, which just makes me think something serious is being masked...even though the dr said its very normal in pregnancy. I just cant seem to stop worrying and obsessing over things and I dont know whether i need meds at this point or whether I just need to keep fighting the fears so I overcome instead of just mask or buffer it for a while. I want to be free from this, but feel so alone and miserable.

I have always struggled with anxiety...since my first child was born 10 yrs ago. Its been relatively mild, and only occasionally got severe enough to warrant meds. My biggest triggers are medical/health issues. It could be nothing, but I fret and worry and panic about a worse case scenario. It has progressively gotten worse, and since I am now pregnant with my 4th (due in February) and last child, I am not taking any meds. It has been especially bad since September, which is mainly because I have joined a recovery group to try and uncover the roots of these fears, and deal with them so I can finally be free from them. since joining, there have been multiple health issues come up. My 5 yr old son has the herpes cold sore virus and has had constant cold sore outbreaks since the end of september and even though 2 peds at our practice have said its not anything to worry about, I cant let it go. I also just found out I am mildly anemic, which just makes me think something serious is being masked...even though the dr said its very normal in pregnancy. I just cant seem to stop worrying and obsessing over things and I dont know whether i need meds at this point or whether I just need to keep fighting the fears so I overcome instead of just mask or buffer it for a while. I want to be free from this, but feel so alone and miserable.

i too suffer terribly with health anxiety and ive had blood tests recently and my ferritin levels have come back slightly low he said im not anemoc though :wacko: and hes put me on 1 iron tablet a day for 2 months and to have it re-checked in december! i worrying now too all the time, and im not even pregnant its the 1st time ive had this checked since having LO a year ago. i hate having bloods done as im petrifired of the results the actual needle doesnt bother me its the results.

i totally can relate to how u feel its not nice :nope:

I feel as though I've become a total hypochondriac since getting pregnant- even though I know that most of my symptoms are related to pregnancy. I know that the cramps in my belly are due to round ligament pain- and still I worry. I know that my breasts are developing colustrum and milk and that is why they get occasional aches and pains- and yet I worry. I know that I get out of breath easily because of the womb pushing up- and still I worry. I also know that my rib pain is indigestion and how to manage it- yet I panic every time it comes on. It's gotten worse, this anxiety, since my MS ended. I'm scared to talk to my midwife because I worry about her response. My mum and sister are aware of my anxiety and I've tried talking to them, and while they know how to reassure me, I still feel anxious a day or two later. I just want it to be May and to have my baby- I'm really not enjoying pregnancy at all. Really don't know what to do.x

I have health anxiety too and it's horrendous.
Mine started when I was 15 and I lost a school friend and a good family friend from cancer at around the same time. I thought I had finally got a handle on it and to my surprise it didn't manifest during my pregnancy but now my daughter is nearly one year old it seems to have returned with avengence.
For me one of the most important things I did to help me last time was put myself on a google ban but having an iPhone it's so easy to google this or that symptom and /or disease and I'm not doing a good job at stopping myself.
I feel isolated too as I can't talk to my DH about it. My sister suffers from the same thing and he's constantly humiliating her about her worries. There's no way he would be remotely sympathetic to mine :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->