Hypoglycaemia

xoxsarahxox

Reaction score
Anybody have this? I was recently diagnosed and I'm really struggling to keep it under control. My doctor at the hospital has have me no info on it just a
Blood sugar tester and told me to
Monitor my sugars and eat regularly. I'm luck if I can get my sugar upto 4 and even then it will drop quickly if I don't eat every hour :/

Hopefully some of this helps- I love this website and try to stick to it when I have any health questions-- as it tends to be better info. Obviously a doctor with experience would be nice too though... maybe ask for a referal?

https://diabetes.webmd.com/hyperglycemia-directory

Hypo needs to be treated pretty much the same way as diabetes really. You need to increase your good carbs and lower your bad ones. Simple sugars (including fruit) should be controlled or at least avoided on their own as it will cause you to spike and then crash. You'll need to eat often, regularly and avoid skipping meals. You should have a good carb (brown bread, brown pasta, etc.) with every meal and snack as that is a more complicated carb to digest so it won't cause you to spike and then crash unlike other carbs. I don't know where you are from, but many pharmacies and hospitals have a diabetes nurse or diabetes information evening when they can educate you about eating and and monitoring your sugar. This is usually free too so if you have a difficult time consulting a doctor about it, or at least in the meantime, maybe that would be worth it. It would be a good idea to carry something on you at all times that you can eat when your sugar crashes too. Things like hard candy work but nuts are better. If your sugar crashes, you can take something sweet (even some honey) but that is only very temporary so you should make sure to eat something proper right away. Really, you'll have to find out what causes you to go into hypo (is it reactive - reacting to too many simple carbs, is it from not eating enough/often enough, is it something else?) and then rectifying it as well as you can. It takes some getting used to but I am sure you will get there. :hugs: I have both gestational diabetes and hypoglycemia so I know all too well how challenging balancing sugar levels can be. I do sympathize. Hypoglycemia is no fun! It really can leave you feeling quite yucky after an episode! I hope you manage to stabilize it quickly so you won't have too many dips. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->