Hypothyroid but not been tested for a year and already over 4 months!

LadyHawkeye

Reaction score
I was complaining of feeling tired when I had a massage on the weekend and the massuese (?) told me don't just put it down to being pregnant (just hit 20 weeks), make sure your iron levels are okay. So I called the doctor to ask if they had any iron or thyroid results for me and she said they had none! I had blood taken by the hospital at 12 weeks and by the midwife at 16 weeks and each time I said 'I'm hypothyroid, so can you please check that too' and I thought they both agreed to do it. Since I've heard nothing so I thought there must be nothing wrong. Now I wonder if they even checked it at all.

Worse is, when I got home I got on the internet and found out that when you are hypothyroid, they are supposed to check your thyroid levels every trimester, particularly the first when the baby needs it most. No one told me that, otherwise I would have been asking the doctor about it. I thought I was doing okay pointing it out to every medical person I saw, I even told the doctor at 14 weeks and she didn't mention me needing to get tested immediately.

I haven't been at this doctor long, I moved because my old doctor is miles away and won't be convenient in future, so I haven't had a chance to build up any relationship. But surely, out of the 7-8 medical staff I've seen so far, some one should have said 'have you had your thyroid tested yet, it's very important during pregnancy'.

So now I'm worried that my baby will be affected if my levels have been low and they aren't getting enough thyroxine. I don't even want to think about all the things that could be wrong with my baby now.

Any advice from someone who knows more about thyroid problems during pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->