hypothyroidism...

KElwanger

Reaction score
Anyone know much about it or has it that I could ask a few questions? I've chatted a bit with some ladies before but I've got new test results.
I've had 2 miscarriages and have been ttc for 6 cycles so far. My levels are normal now that I've started meds but I just have a few questions about my test results. I want another baby so desparetly and I'm just so worried about my thyroid being the cause of our issues.

I can help out again if you have any questions! What were your results?

Hey Bee Bee! Thank you :) I was hoping you'd see this.

So I've been on the levothyroxine for 6 weeks. Back in october my tsh was 6.91 (unsure of the t3 and t4). Tested on Tuesday and found out today that my tsh is now .84!!! And my free t4 is 1.4. So now I'm just wondering if .84 is okay and normal and if it's a good number for ttc. Is there a chance this level will make it easier for me to get pregnant?

Also, what do I need to know about when I do get pregnant? What should I expect from my doctor? What SHOULD happen when I get pregnant as far as blood tests and monitoring it?

She says she wants to restest in 3 months, I'm assuming unless I get pregnant beforehand which hopefully I will. I ovulate tomorrow and I'm trying not to get my hopes up but at the same time I'm really really hoping this was the problem and now that it's corrected we can conceive.

Not sure if all that made sense. Again, I haven't had a sit down convo with my obgyn about it so I still feel a bit lost. She told me I was only borderline, knew we were ttc and knew we had two miscarriages but still wasn't going to treat me until I asked for it so what she has told me so far seems to contradict my research which makes me nervous...

Well! I just tested at .7 and my doc considers that normal, so you are in around the same range as me. Yours is actually slightly better. The closer you can get to between a 1 and a 2 is good. But slightly under a 1 is still considered a good range. :)

I am not sure how it'll change or so on when you are pregnant since I have never been pregnant before. But, from what I hear, it will change again when you are. So, just be sure to get it checked regularly when you do get pregnant. :)

The only thing with your numbers is that you are now in the normal range but are slightly hyperthyroid now. hyperthyroid can mess with ovulation so keep an eye on that if it seems to effect it. But, otherwise, you should be good to go!

Are you feeling better btw? I imagine you must be!

Thanks for replying! That's kind of what I'm worried about that maybe my number is too low. If it got this low after only 6 weeks I'd think in 3 months it would be even lower. I'mjust worried that my obgyn dodoesn't know enough/isn't being very proactive. But I guess I'll just keep temping and charting to make sure I ovulate. My cycle is like clock work so I should be able to tell any difference. Hyperthyroid is supposedly easier to get pregnant with vs hypo right?

I am feeling better! It wasn't overnight but I do have more energy now and just feel better all around. Not every day, but most days.

Are there any other signs I should be looking out for that could mean my tsh is getting too low?

Thanks for replying! That's kind of what I'm worried about that maybe my number is too low. If it got this low after only 6 weeks I'd think in 3 months it would be even lower. I'mjust worried that my obgyn dodoesn't know enough/isn't being very proactive. But I guess I'll just keep temping and charting to make sure I ovulate. My cycle is like clock work so I should be able to tell any difference. Hyperthyroid is supposedly easier to get pregnant with vs hypo right?

I am feeling better! It wasn't overnight but I do have more energy now and just feel better all around. Not every day, but most days.

Are there any other signs I should be looking out for that could mean my tsh is getting too low?

Yes, from what Ive heard hyper is easier to get pregnant with vs hypo.

I would suggest going and seeing a endocrinologist despite what your OBGYN says. The OBGYN I talked to today admitted to me that she knew close to nothing about thyroid issues. And really, they shouldn't, its not their specialty. Just like how an endo won't know much to anything about PCOS or so on. I knew more about it then my OBGYN did. I think they are trained to know when thyroid levels are off in blood work, but thats it.

And really, your number shouldn't go any lower than that as long as you are on the same dose. Recently, my doc lowered my dose and it went from .008 to .08. She kept me on the same dose since it seemed to jump pretty significantly and she felt it might go further, but it only went to a .1 another 6 weeks later. So, if anything, it might go to a .7 like me in another 6 weeks.

But again, I suggest you make an appointment another 4-6 weeks from now with an Endo. :) Maybe closer to 4 weeks if you are worried it'll continue dropping.

As far as symptoms: I currently have the issue of irregular/racing heart. It mostly only happens when I have sugar or caffeine but I never had the issue before I became hyperthyroid. Essentially though, the symptoms are like hypo but opposite. You'll get racing heart, racing thoughts, issues sleeping, loose bowels, etc. You'll just sort of feel like you are hopped up on caffeine 24/7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->