Hysteroscopic D&C

GalvanBaby

TTC #3 After TR
Reaction score
I had a Hysteroscopic D&c done last Thursday after heavy bleeding for a month. My hemoglobin level had dropped to 7.4 from 12. They gave me 2 units of red blood cells. I thought I would be feeling better, but here I am 3 days later and still in pain at times, weak, and nauseous.

Has anyone had a non-ob Hysteroscopic D&c? How long should I expect to feel like this?

I've had a d&c, but I didn't become anaemic from it (cramps lasted maybe 3 days, bleeding for about a week, maybe a bit more, but no anaemia). I did become anaemic after I had my daughter though.

Are they continuing to monitor your iron levels? Do you know what they are after the transfusion? Are you on any iron supplements? When I had my daughter, my iron went down to a 6. I felt horrible and could barely walk a few feet without passing out. I started on high potency iron tablets (200mg) 3x a day plus spatone and 500mg vitamin c (both also 3x a day when I took the iron). They did offer me an iron infusion, but I declined as I preferred to try everything else first. I would say I started to feel better within about 3 days from when I started the iron and felt relatively normal again about a week later. If they aren't monitoring your iron though, it's possible it's still low despite the transfusion and you may need oral supplementation for awhile.

After my d&c though, I would say I continued to feel nauseous from the pregnancy hormones for a little bit though, maybe a week. I felt well enough to go back to work on day 6, but was still bleeding at that point. It's a lot for your body to go through, never mind the emotional toll which also wears on you physically, and I wouldn't expect to feel normal again right away. I would say give it a week, but then I would bring it up that you continue to have obvious signs of iron deficiency that supplementation isn't improving.

Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->