Hysteroscopy & D&C

Sparkly

DS 21, Twin Girls
Reaction score
Anyone else had this done? I'm booked to have this next Thursday, what should I expect? Is there pain and bleeding afterwards? The hospital said they will be sending out information, but I'd like to know how it actually is!

I have no experience, but wanted to send you lots of love and that sort of thing for the op.

has the infection been dealt with now? lets get the nasties zapped and get you recovering so you can disco test with us in July / August xxx

:hugs: Aww Thanks Lucy

Yes infection all sorted, and all going well I'll be an August disco dancing tester :happydance: xx

yeay - august is a BRILLIANT month to start testing, you would have a June baby and i was a June baby.

i would like a june baby too but i'll take whatever im given

thats brilliant that the infection has cleared up, any ideas what it was? what will happen with the op? will you have to wait for results? how long?

is the hysteroscopy the procedure that can increase your chances by unblocking stuff with dye?

I'll take whatever I'm given too hun!

I've no idea what the infection was I will ask when I see them next week. As for the op, I'm not entirely sure what it entails hence the thread.....I'm hoping other ladies can pass onto me their experiences to calm my nerves. As far as I'm aware the results are immediate, the hysteroscopy is the camera in the womb to have a good nosey for nasties!! They suspect a fibroid in my cervix so will be concentrating on that mainly.

Hi Sparks! You are getting a hysteroscopy and a D&C? I've had both but at different times. The D&C for me was to remove my pregnancies. Actually, a real D&C is when they scrape the uterine lining. I only had a manual uterine aspiration (like a vacuum). The first one, I was completely awake for and had local anesthesia. I could feel it and they had to keep giving me pain killers as the meds would wear off. The second one they put me under general anesthesia and I couldn't feel a thing. I was totally asleep. I woke up 15 minutes later and the procedure was done. I have no memory of it. I had pain afterwards, but this is because I had just had miscarriages. My uterus was shrinking back down to size. I also bled for about a week, but again, this was due to the fact that I just had miscarriages. Not sure if you would have the same outcome.

The hysteroscopy I had after my second mc to look for fibroids and polyps. She didn't give me any pain killer ahead of time. She inserted a small tube up through my cervix and into my uterus. It hurt a lot. She filled my uterus with saline. I couldn't feel that, just the pain in my cervix. Then she put a small camera up into my uterus. Again, it hurt a lot because of the pain going through the cervix. She found a small polyp and removed it by scraping it off the inside of my uterus. This also hurt a lot. Once she was done I could feel the saline gush out of me which felt strange, but didn't hurt. I had no pain afterwards. I only spotted, I didn't have any real bleeding. The procedure was about 20 minutes in all. I was quite dizzy afterwards and had to lie down for 30 minutes. I think my body and brain were in shock from the pain. I don't want to scare you, but it hurt terribly. I was mad that she didn't give me any pain meds. She said that sometimes numbing the area hurts more than the actual procedure, so she doesn't bother. I think I would have liked to have been the judge of that! You should ask if they plan to give you pain meds. If not, at least take some ibuprofen 30 minutes before the procedure. Only take this if they aren't putting you to sleep. After the whole thing, I went to work that day. I didn't feel any residual pain.

That all being said, I'm glad I did it. It allowed them to get a good look into my uterus to rule out any major polyps or fibroids. In my opinion, the pain was worth it. Honestly though, the next time I feel pain like that, it better be a healthy baby coming out!

Good luck babe!

Thanks for that Hearty it helps

I am getting a general anesthetic thankfully, so i won't have the same probs as you...poor you! I've been instructed absolutely nil by mouth after midnight the night before, I'm going in for 7.45am and should be out for the afternoon. yes I'm having both at once...maybe! they're only doing the d&c if they find a reason for it once the camera has had a little looksie, they suspect a fibroid and possible polyps.

xx

Oh good. Soooo glad you will be put under. You'll be just fine then. At most you might have some light bleeding and mild pain. I think it will go really well for you. Let us know how it went and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->