I am 6 weeks along and a little worried

vanilla25

Reaction score
In 2005, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I went in for my yearly check-up and I had lost my period two months prior (due to rapid weight loss/eating disorder). They did an ultra sound and diagnosed me.

They put me on birth control, which I quit using in 2006. I got my period back and had regular periods and ovulation ever since. Rarely any pains due to my period, maybe once or twice over the span of the past three years.

They told me I would have trouble conceiving, but never mentioned anything about possibly miscarrying.

I know that I have cysts on my ovaries, but don't most women? I do have a bit darker facial hair than most women, but it runs in the family. I am by no means overweight and have not had eating disorder problems since 2006.

In the past year alone, I could calculate to the very hour that I would get my period with the exception of two months this past winter.

My fiance and I recently started trying to conceive (in May) and were told the good news last week! How quickly and easily I got pregnant!

Much to my dismay and utter horror, I read an article that women with PCOS have a higher miscarriage rate than most women and I read some horrible stories about chronic miscarriages due to PCOS.

I don't even know if I believe that I have PCOS. I don't know if my doctor diagnosed me correctly. Again, I know that I have cysts on my ovaries, but I thought a lot of women did.

I do not want to lose this baby. I only ever wanted to have one and I know that if anything happened to it, I would be too depressed and scared to ever try again.

Miscarriages are not a very big common thing in my family. My mom had one stillborn (her first child) when she was about my age. That's it, though. Every other woman in the family has been able to successfully conceive and have healthy births.

Should I be as worried as I am? I don't have my "first" appointment until July 19.

:hugs:

wud ur docs do bloods to re-assure u ur levels are going up ?x

Hi,I hav been diagnosed wit PCOS in Nov.I got pregnant in march after trying 4 over a year since Jan '10,we used clomid since Dec.

I was constantly worried of miscarriage as well,but I dnt tink d chances of misscarriage wit PCOS increase dat much mor than normal ladies.n altho u hav cysts in yur ovaries,doesn't mean u hav PCOS,u culd hav only PCO,n not d full blown syndrome.yur doctor shuld go a bunch of hormones tests 2 confirm that.
Gudluck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->