I am losing my mind!!

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Long post sorry!!

My lo was born at 38+6. I was induced due to 7 previous losses. He had the cord around his neck, grunting and no suck reflex for two days. The first two days I expressed at syringe fed, then EBF.

2-3 weeks later he started to be really unsettled, crying about 20 hours a day. Explosive poos about 11-12 poos a day. Crying in his sleep. Wouldn't be put flat on his back, fussing at feeds, legs kicking up. So I put it down as colic.
Then I realised not normal for a baby to be this unsettled. I went to a chiropractor, he diagnosed KISS syndrome. We did six sessions and he would then lie down on his back and stop kicking up legs during feeds and only has 1 dirty nappy a day. Still short sleeps of 2 hours at night.still not fully settled and cries a lot

9 weeks old, went to see bf nurse in the hospital, she diagnosed reflux, although he doesn't do huge vomits, he did at the start almost projectile, but now normal baby spit up, so maybe she meant silent reflux.
We are on infant gaviscon, it's not working.
I always have decaf, since 8 weeks old I cut out bread, butter,chocolate, biscuits. Still unsettled, i suppose I should try cutting out dairy, all I have is milk on my porridge and one cup of tea so not excessive dairy intake.

I decided to have toast two days ago and since then he hasn't stopped crying, won't be laid flat on his back, only happy if in car seat. Cot is elevated still not happy.
He is asleep in the swing now. Refusing to feed since about two am. He sounds hoarse from all the crying

He struggles to get wind up and you can hear it. Belly makes gurgling noises.
What can I do??

Not a fan of bottles might take an ounce max two of EBM? Tried cow and gate anti reflux formula yesterday he wouldn't take it.
Waiting till 9.30 to phone private paed practice to try and get an appointment.

Should have said he is 11 weeks old now. I am cracking up as he just won't stop crying, is so unsettled, we have no routine. I was going to just pump and give bottles but he won't take them.

Anyone help me!!!!!

I will write a longer post wen I put my LO one down as have one hand, MILK is in every thing. I am on a dairy free diet and I can eat very little, some of what your going through we have been there , give me half hour or so and ill reply in detail xx

Right... quick history into our little one, I to had several losses and my daughter was born at 36+4 spontaneous membrane rupture... induced the next day and born 21.5 hours after waters went... so we both had our babies induced early.

our daughter used to scrunch up her legs and cry, used to be really gassy and explosive poos, we used to think it was trapped gas tried EVERY thing going.. counted down the days till 6 weeks for gripe water, not only did nothing helped it made things worse for her. we were having poo every nappy change so like you around 10 a day!

We were told shortly after birth she had reflux as she was sick all the time and we listened to what they said, we were put on gaviscon, did nothing, it helped for one feed then she would cry in pain later on.
We to saw a lactation consultant privatly as our daughter has a slight toungue tie but we were told she was boreder line and it was unlikely to be causing her any problems but shown new ways to feed.

about three weeks ago we took her to A&E due to a temprature, they found she had a bacteria uti normally found with kidney problems (this I do not think would be relivent to you) and they put us back on anti-biotics (our 5th/6th load since birth) our daughter then upped her crying to SCREAMING in agony, high pitched heart breaking... I have taken her back to hospital so many times in tears begging them to help her.... they have now said MILK ALLERGY. With every thing going on it looks like her symptoms were passed off onto other things/OR the anti-biotics have stripped her gut no longer allowing her to digest dairy.

I put her down to sleep on her tummy and she sleeps on her knees, when she was younger I used to prop her on her side but as she can roll now I don't see any issue with her being on her tummy.

We were given rinetadine? for reflux but Izzy never took to it.

see this link for foods you can and can't have IF this is what is wrong with your little one, it is worth speaking to your health care provider to see what they think :

https://www.uhsm.nhs.uk/patients/Pa...e diet for babies, children young adults.pdf

Thank you so much x I will speak to the paed dr this afternoon. Hope your lo is doing great now

Milk sure is everything!!! Thanks a million

that is okay, its pointless cutting out your tea unless your going to cut out every thing , or your just punishing yourself for nothing .

My daughter had cows milk protein intolerance and she had all the same symptoms. As PP said, if it is CMPI you will need to cut out all dairy for it to make a difference, and it will likely take a week or two of cutting out dairy before she is all better so don't feel disheartened if she's not instantly better. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. The paediatrician told me what you guys said to cut out all dairy.
I have to give him losec each morning and infant gaviscon three times a day before I feed. I have to mix it up with nutramigen formula, so that he will get used to the taste. When I stop bf he will go on the nutramigen formula, it stinks. She said to start weaning at four months so that he can then come off the gaviscon.
I want to keep feeding but am worried the longer I feed he won't then take the nutramigen. She said he has to be on that at six months
So I am dairy free 14 hours. So hopefully in a few days we might see an improvement.

It cost me 250€ today for the appointment and medicine/ formula. We have to pay the first € 144 prescription charge a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->