I am not old

Apparently according to something I read about people and health and 40 is now the new 30 in terms of health and life expectancies :)

I still feel the same as I was at 25 - I am roughly the same weight, I have the same energy levels and mentally I feel the same as 25 but that was about 5 mentally :laugh2: And according to my Wii Fit my Wii Fit age is between 22 and 27 years old :happydance:

My mum is 71 this year - opps sorry she's telling everyone she's 59 and getting away with it :D and she is my example in life. She drives everywhere and people think it's a boy racer; she eats what she wants and has the occasional whiskey or G&T but doesn't smoke; she is always out in the garden digging & weeding and walks her 2 dogs at least 2 miles a day and believes she is only 40 and acts like she's 4 a lot of the time :laugh2: but I believe that keeps her young :)

My MIL is 62 but she carries on about how old she is; she struggles to walk more than a mile; she thinks she should stop driving (I agree but not due to her age) and she struggles to do any physical activity. She is tee total; has never smoked and really watches what she eats but she believes she is old so she is :nope:

Age is a number and if you allow it then it can become a state of mind :nope: So come on ladies who's joining me on the seasaw? :laugh2:

LOL, omg another thing we have in common, my mom is 65 went to Disney World with my dh and i last october, walking 7 or 8 miles a day, she will be at my sisters house knocking down a brick wall right with us, she is amazing, then there is my MIL, who cant walk, cant change a lightbulb, and was actually talking this last weekend about getting a walker with a chair so when she goes to the mall she can stop and sit, she does not work, where my mom works full time, and my MIL is a year younger than my mom. It always amazed me at our wedding that my mom in 3" heels had to hold his mom's arm and help her up the stairs to light the candles for the unity candle. Now me, i refuse to get old, i am 43 and i look and feel like 32, there is no way i am slowing down, dh and i are going to an amusement park later this month, i am so excited!! We are not too old to do this!!!!!!

Now I must admit I do fancy a walker for malls (or shopping centres as we call them in the UK) but only so I can use them to shove people out of my way :devil:

I do have a confession as to how big a kid I can act - after a heavy rain DH and I got out puddle hunting so we can drive through them making splashes :happydance::happydance: And if we're walking the dogs and I have my wellies on I will jump in puddles too :happydance: I love being such a child :happydance:

Puddle jumping is essential. after all got to check those wellies really work. I got a new pair for Christmas and first big rain we had I went out and stood in the road, well ok it was more of a river than a road, but anyway now I know they are good wellies.

Now I must admit I do fancy a walker for malls (or shopping centres as we call them in the UK) but only so I can use them to shove people out of my way :devil:

I do have a confession as to how big a kid I can act - after a heavy rain DH and I got out puddle hunting so we can drive through them making splashes :happydance::happydance: And if we're walking the dogs and I have my wellies on I will jump in puddles too :happydance: I love being such a child :happydance:

:lol::lol: My mom is just waiting for the day that i have a baby, i told her that we could go to the mall and just run over people, that happens to her all the time these crazy people with their strollers, i said maybe we would have twins and then we could have a double stroller and take out even more people with one swing lol :haha:

LOL, i love puddles, dh and i have been known to get into a water fight in the kitchen, he never learns that a little sprinkle from his wet hands does not compare to the sprayer from the sink lol

Wellies, i love that name, here in the states we call them Galoshes, i dont have any, but i have some waterproof boots, they work great in the snow and the rain.

I just love how we say things different, for all you ladies that are in London, i work for a school that our ground campus is in London, you may have heard of it its AIU or American Intercontinental University!!

This thread is wonderful, i love hearing how everybody keeps themselves young!! Oh and for me, my hands dont look as old as i am, well provided its not the dead of winter and 25 degrees below zero F, then they get a bit rough lol.

:lol::lol: My mom is just waiting for the day that i have a baby, i told her that we could go to the mall and just run over people, that happens to her all the time these crazy people with their strollers, i said maybe we would have twins and then we could have a double stroller and take out even more people with one swing lol :haha:

Well, Wooly will have a triplet stroller...She can take out an entire family! :winkwink: :angelnot:

One of the lieutenants who works with me (I'm an RN in the Air Force) commented to me the other day, "I keep forgetting you're that age (37)- I mean, you're so COOL."

She's 23.

I took it as a very high compliment!

I said to my boss at our language school the other day, " maybe this student would respect an older teacher more" she looked at me like I was mad and said, you are older than her, (she was 21) and I felt shocked, not in my head I´m not! Nor do my students treat me like an older teacher, they learn with me because we have a laugh and play together, age never comes into it.

Ladies, I love this thread, it has made me smile. I am 43, had my DS at the age of 40 and, having run some pretty competitive marathon times throughout my thirties, always felt younger and fitter than my years. Helped too by having a husband 6 years my junior! Last year I was delighted to discover that I was pregnant again at the age of 42 and so excited to be having a sibling for my little boy. Sadly, I mc at 12 weeks last November and after that, something has changed for me. I must confess that I now feel old. Can't quite put my finger on why, though I'm sure there's an element of depression involved and I know that a sibling is not out of the question but my mental state has definitely shifted. I found myself thinking that we may dress, think and act younger than our mothers at our age, but nonetheless our eggs are not any younger than those of our mothers, grandmothers or great grandmothers! I pray that it happens for all of us because I can vouch for the fact that being an older Mummy is fantastic (I would not swap this for having done it twenty years ago if you paid me, it is so right for me NOW) but I can't help feel that we have been lulled into a false sense of security that we can be forever young while ageing is sneaking in through the back door. Oh gosh, hope this doesn't sound too morbid, I don't mean it to, I just wanted to share how my mc as an older Mummy has altered my perspective, sorry if I've brought the mood down and I hope you 'get' what I'm trying to say x

Spoomie, I can understand what your saying, and I agree that maybe we are living an illusion in thinking we can stay forever young, but science does show too that people are living longer and staying healthier longer too, so there is a grain of hope in the fantasy.
I have had two mc s and there are days when I feel I will neverbe a mother and I mourn, but then I talk to my best friend who is 8 years younger than me and has been trying since she was 26 and still hasn´t fallen pregnant and I remember that anyone can have problems at any age, maybe my story would have been the same 10 years ago. We are where we are and working with what we have got, can´t do much else really. SO don´t worry about bringing us down, your entitled to feeling like this and this is the best place to share it. I hope you get what you want, and if you decide not to try again then at least you have your little boy and he has a great mummy.

I understand what you were saying Spoomie :hugs:

I think because I always knew my grandmother was 43 when she had my mum that it gave me a false sense of security in my fertility :shrug:

Also my mum always said I acted 40 from the age of 4 so I'm obviously now regressing and being 40 have decided to act 4 :) But maybe because I was always more mature than my years it will take longer for me to feel old :)

Dear Natsby and Macwooly

Thanks for being so understanding of where I'm coming from. You are totally right that we are living longer, healthier lives and it is a fact that more and more women are having babies later in life. I celebrate this and am glad to be amongst the statistics. You are also right to point out that women have problems at any age, I have 2 friends who spent their thirties living through numerous cycles of IVF and still remain childless and I actually felt quite guilty to fall pregnant with comparative ease at 39 after only deciding that I wanted children at 38. My mc last year was my third; I had 2 before my successful pregnancy but somehow they didn't affect me in the same way, I still retained the hope that all would be well in the end. This time, I seem to have lost that optimism and spend much of my time virtually paralysed with fear that my lost baby was my last shot. Natsby, I dearly wish that I could give up my dream and be content with my beautiful boy. He has been my salvation and I count my blessings for him every single day. I think if I had never conceived again last year I may now be coming to terms with that as my reality. Unfortunately, the mc now makes it feel like unfinished business and I am obsessed with being pregnant again.

Still, as you say, we are where we are and nothing will change that. I truly hope that the outcome is a happy one for you both (and all) and Macwooly, we must hold fast to the fact that our grandmothers' and mothers' generations also saw women in their forties conceiving (most probably by accident, unlike us!) so YES, it can be done.

Thanks again ladies for understanding the point I was trying to make x

Spoomie I pray that you get a positive BFP; a sticky bean and a successful pregnancy so you can resolve the feeling of unfinished business :hugs:

Spoomie I pray that you get a positive BFP; a sticky bean and a successful pregnancy so you can resolve the feeling of unfinished business :hugs:

I second that!! oh and my gran was 42 when she had my mum so it is in our family too.
As to being obsessed, I think we are all on here, I somtimes wonder if we make each other worse, if I was less obsessed when I posted less, but then maybe i was more depressed too!
good luck Spoomie.

OMG just read the thread from the wee nasty who suggested we were all too old - how very dare she!! The thing that made me laugh the most and which I thought would bring a smile to your lovely faces is that I had to enlarge my screen to see the red smiley with the fingers up! I'll get my zimmer frame now shall I??? mmlol:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->