I am perpetually hungry!!! And not losing :(

Silverlilly

Reaction score
I can't believe how hungry I am all the time! I mean ALL the time. I can have breakfast, lunch or dinner and be rooting through the cupboard half an hour later. I am exclusively breastfeeding my 5-month old, and my toddler still nurses before bed (and before naps a few times a week)...I do remember being hungrier with my first, but not like this. I still have 15-20 lbs (depending on when I hop on the scale) to lose before getting back to my pre-baby weight (even after my first I got down to a few lbs shy of pre baby weight before becoming pregnant again)...so what is going on?! Is it possible that I wont lose any more weight until breastfeeding is over? I have had to buy new clothes, and the weight combined with my tummy muscles being shot means I've even had to buy NEW maternity pants! At 5 months in. Something seems off. Does anyone else have this problem too?? I guess it doesn't help that finding time to fit in exercise is REALLY hard with a baby and toddler...

I hear you mamma - I am the same always starving!!! Only feeding my almost 5 month old though rather than a tot and a baby. Have tried to 'diet' per se .... keeping a calorie count to try and discourage myself from over eating, but found it incredibly difficult (due to hunger) and LO became very fussy and starting increasing night feeds so the knock on effect was that I became even more tried and what little willpower I had went out the window. Almost as if I needed to eat all the time just to stay awake :( I'm not sure if extra feeds were due to a growth spurt or simply because my milk wasn't containing enough calories to satisfy LO anymore.

I am about 14 pounds off my pre-pregnancy weight. Have decided that I am going to try and do more exercise in the hope that the needle on the scales starts moving in the right direction! Usually find that I feel more energised after exercise and don't feel like I need to eat constantly. The only problem is finding the time to actually do it and also having hubby to watch the kids (he is working a lot at the moment).

Its tough isn't it!
Xxx

I am also starving ALL the time, and basically eat carbs and chocolate all day, yet the weight has fallen off me this time, I am a pound off pre pregnancy weight. I put this down never stopping all day chasing after my whirlwind toddler and not stopping all night feeding and trying to soothe my baby. I think I am eating survival calories lol

I had a hard time losing the last few lbs after DS, I had great success eating primal (high fat low carbs) but when I went back to eating regular the weight crept back on. I lost it again by limiting calories slightly and exercising a lot (lifting heavy weights), but DS was over a year and on solids then. Wish I could help more, but I wasn't able to solidly lose it until I started exercising regularly.

Well I guess it's kinda normal then - at least I'm not alone :) It's crazy to feel this hungry all the time, I never used to have much of an appetite at all! I've heard that your body/brain can confuse hunger and thirst so I have been trying to drink more water, and I know that I do need to exercise more regularly...but the "eating primal" thing really intrigues me! It seems so counter intuitive, but what I crave more than anything is rich, fatty foods (and I'm trying to eat a handful of nuts or trail mix instead, or an apple or two etc, instead of unhealthy stuff most of the time)...Is"primal" it just a matter of eating more healthy fats? Is there a guideline for doing this while breastfeeding?

Hi im also starving all the time!! I could happily eat all day long. My little boy is 4 months old now. X

Well I guess it's kinda normal then - at least I'm not alone :) It's crazy to feel this hungry all the time, I never used to have much of an appetite at all! I've heard that your body/brain can confuse hunger and thirst so I have been trying to drink more water, and I know that I do need to exercise more regularly...but the "eating primal" thing really intrigues me! It seems so counter intuitive, but what I crave more than anything is rich, fatty foods (and I'm trying to eat a handful of nuts or trail mix instead, or an apple or two etc, instead of unhealthy stuff most of the time)...Is"primal" it just a matter of eating more healthy fats? Is there a guideline for doing this while breastfeeding?

You need to realize dietary fat =/= body fat. Your body NEEDs fat to make healthy milk for your baby. Sugar = fat.

no guidelines other than try not and go under 1800 calories, give or take. It is actually hard to get enough calories when not eating carbs! Nuts are a good primal snack btw, plenty of good fat.

marks daily apple is a good resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->