I am so angry!!!!

craigbaby

Pregnant (Expecting) - #1
Reaction score
This is probably the wrong place for this but I well, this is the only forum I'm comfortable with since I'm new. I AM SO ANGRY!!!

My stepson's (we don't use the step, but it matters for the story) mother got him a cell phone for Christmas. HE IS 7 YEARS OLD!!! This cell phone is REALLY pissing me off. His mother and her family call a lot, at dinner, and my son answers like he is grown. It's disruptive of life. And the 8pm cut off time is bullshit!! That interviews with baths, homework and meal time. This is CRAZY. They didn't even ask my husband before they got the phone. My son is 7 years old. He should be outside playing, not inside on his instagram account follow music by bird man called " I don't give a fuck". I'm SO frustrated!! This is so in appropriate!!

It is. I have a 6.5 yo and she is nowhere NEAR getting a phone of her own.

Could you have rules around it for your own house and communicate them to his mother? Like no phones at the table, no more than an hour per day (asides from taking calls from his mother I suppose)... and other things that would make it less disruptive of your own family's routine and values?

This would piss me off too... on a few levels!

So feel your pain! My sons are 7,6,5 (one is stepson) and no one is getting a phone anytime soon! I even have a ban on tablets.

Maybe try talking to your partner and ban the phone in your house?

Thank you for the support ladies! My Husband and I spoke about it, and I think we are going to have a 5:30 pm phone cut off time, period. And I think that is a nice compromise. We have a straight 50/50 split with my son's mother So I have him 5 days one week, 2 days the next, and so on. She and I get along fine. If she wants to speak with him at night, she can call the house phone. I refuse to let that damn phone interrupt our lives. At my house he has a 8:30 bed time, he must be in bed at 8:00 and asleep at 8:30. I understand at her house the rules are different and he stays up quite late. I worry about him not having enough consistency in his life, but I have been parenting him since he was 5. I have to raise him the best way I know how, but I feel bad when I think about how it may be affecting him, trying to juggle both households. It is a no win situation. I love him to much to not try to give him the best.

Glad yall found a compromise cause I would have been pissed

I still am. But trying not to stress! Thanks for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->