i called the police on my neighbours will they know it was me?

Wriggley

Reaction score
I called the police this morning as my neighbours where having an argument and i could tell that one was beating the other up.

I gave the police on the phone my name and my address because tbh i really dont care if they tell them it was me that called. Id admit it was me if they confronted me as they need to know that their neighbours will do something if we think one of them is at risk of getting hurt.

I just dont know how to act when i next see them. would the police have told them who called?

normally they would just said a neighbour said...

but if it results in court then they will know its you when u give your evidence. xx

As above, they will normally just say that they have had a report, however if there is a case to answer that will go to court, you will be asked if you are prepared to make a statement and tick a box on the statement to say whether you are prepared to go to court or not.

If you are concerned they will find out in the meantime or you are worried about reprisals etc then I urge you to get a cheap hard back diary and keep a log of any events that happen - and if so, contact the Police and log every incident.

You did the right thing :)

Not normally, unless it goes further
You did the right thing

My living room window was smashed before and a neighbour called the police but the police accidently let it slip who it was. They didn't do it on purpose I think everything should normally confidential

x

I called the police a couple of times of a couple above me as they'd come home drunk and you'd hear her scream at him to stop and then it would go deadly silent and then him drag her and smash things.

The police came straight away and took him away a couple of times.
I wouldn't have cared if they'd told them it was me at the end of the day i had her interested at heart and would rather her alive than dead.

Your situation is different though so where violence is involved they should keep it private for your safety.
x

Thanks everyone.

I really dont care if they told them it was me. I was just curious if they would know. They normally say hello to us if we bump in to them in the road. il just act like i normally do and say hi and if they say anything il be honest.

The police normally say they have had a complaint off one of the neighbours, unless it goes any further and you are needed as a witness etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->