I can fit 2 fingers inside cervix but snuggly, how many cm dilated is that?

twiggy327

Reaction score
I did a self exam and can fit 2 fingers in my cervix but they are snug but stretchy. How many cm dilated is that? 1 or 2?

Becareful hun you really shouldn't self exam yourself due to risk of infection x

I've been told by medical professionals that as long as you wash your hands, are very gentle, and your waters are in tact, you don't have to worry about infection from self examination. That said, I've never done it myself because it makes me too nervous.

Yeah I think as long as your fingers are very very clean you're fine. After all lots of women are still having sex and I'm sure their partners aren't disinfecting their penis's before hand :haha:

ive self examined with each of my 3 pregnancies without issue but i wash my hands a few times with tons of soap before hand. My doctor said that as long as im not doing it everyday, multiple times a day, the risk is low as long as you are clean. I like to know whats going on with my own body, its empowering.

Yeah I think as long as your fingers are very very clean you're fine. After all lots of women are still having sex and I'm sure their partners aren't disinfecting their penis's before hand :haha:

That is very true lmao

After all lots of women are still having sex and I'm sure their partners aren't disinfecting their penis's before hand :haha:

Yeah, I think about this a lot :haha: I like to self exam also though I found out yesterday I cannot reach my cervix anymore! I wonder where it went..:shrug:

Me too. Mine is so high I can't reach it. I'm taking it as a sign I'm nowhere near ready to go into labour :shrug:

I've checked myself but I have NO idea what I felt up there :rofl: everything was just super soft and squishy! Couldn't figure out which was cervix or anything :shrug: I'm having a sweep next week so the midwife will be more helpful I'm sure :rofl:

Me too. Mine is so high I can't reach it. I'm taking it as a sign I'm nowhere near ready to go into labour :shrug:

Not necessarily with my second my cervix was really high up and posterior even the day before I had him! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->