I cant be the only one...

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Who always has a fight with their baby when feeding solids!

Everyone i ask says they dint because their baby loves their food so i feel like the only one but i cant possibly be!

He opens his mouth for the spoon to eat but he whinges and arches his back, its hardly an enjoyable experience and i honestly hate this stage. I cant wait untill he can feed himself.

My son hates eating from a spoon. I dont bother with it anymore and just let him feed himself. Sometimes he wont eat anything and just throws it all on the floor but at least he is happy.

He will eat 4/5 spoons but thats when he starts the whinging and arching

we went thru this when katie was about that age, we got advised to give her fingerfoods and let her do it herself. it worked really well and after a week or so she started letting us feed her again. its all about independance apparently xx

Yeah its a normal stage. Just swap things about a bit - give him food that he feeds himself and he will soon decide that its much easier to let Mummy do it.

sounds about right hes very stubborn and wants to be independant. i will offer more finger stuff, thanks girls

I have always had this problem.
I try a mixture of spoonfeeding and fingerfoods. Sometimes he eats others he doesnt.
It drives me mad!!! He's hungry but it seems like he cant be bothered to eat as its just not interesting enough!
ATM he screams as soon as I put the food down.

You aren't the only one! Aubrey may eat a bite or two but thats it... i'll try the finger foods too as she seems more interested in whar i'm eating.

Ruby refuses outright to be spoonfed - so I would be in your position (or worse!) if I hadn't done BLW.

When baby wants to feed themselves, can I ask what the rationale is behind trying to get them back to the spoon if they are happy self feeding finger foods etc? I'm BLW so it would seem natural to me for them to feed themselves so I'm just curious - not saying BLW is better or anything like that, just wondering! :flower:

Maybe from wanting to feed runnier foods?
Id be happy to offer finger foods more often if thats what keeps him happy but when i make up foods like cottage pie etc im not sure how he would eat it other than with a spoon?

Funnily enough, I have a cottage pie just about finishing off in the oven at the moment! :lol: I'll give Aisling her portion and she just grabs a handful of it in her fist, brings it to her mouth and rams it in there! It's actually quite effective but messy, gets all over her face :D

:lol:

If youve seen my weaning pics theyre full of mess..

Another thought on your question, i dont know about others but im paranoid about Alex getting enough to eat and even if hes munching some finger food i like a little something on the side i can spoon feed aswell to know that hes eaten something.

Fair enough :D

Totally off topic but your gingerbread sig always makes me hungry!! :lol:

:lol: Did you see the last one? It was a muffin :rofl:

I bought more fingery stuff today to give him so ill do some mash on the side me thinks. He seemed more co operative for tea.

Lily is like this ...Ive given up and we are BLW now ...I just put whatever i am feeding her in front of her and let her go for it

Another thought on your question, i dont know about others but im paranoid about Alex getting enough to eat and even if hes munching some finger food i like a little something on the side i can spoon feed aswell to know that hes eaten something.

This is me! AJ just doesnt eat enough fingerfoods.

If I were to give him cottage pie on his tray it would sit untouched :nope: He doesnt like to touch anything like mash, mince in gravy, scrambled egg, spaghetti. Although he will pick up and eat beans! :shrug:
If I gave it on a spoon and I do he eats it :dohh:

My friend has a girl just short of 9 months and is going through the same thing. Can't get her to eat! :nope:

You are definitely not alone.

Though, I have to admit, we were at dinner last night and her LO happily ate pretty well when allowed to do it herself with finger foods. I am doing BLW, so had some stuff for my LO and gave some of that to her LO. They both ate well. I don't know if it was from being allowed to eat it herself or because my LO was there and eating, too. :shrug:

And today she will probably be refusing to eat again! :haha:

i havent actually startedd weaning yet but im going to be doing blw too. it makes so much sense when you read the book i just wish i had known about it when weaning my eldest :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->