I Can't Believe My Mum....

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Me and mum have always been quite close except for the few years she was with my stepdad. Since they broke up last year we've become really close again. Recently she started seeing this bloke, which i don't mind at all.

Except the last few weeks she's been shelving plans she's made with me to be with him, girly shopping trips, cinema, and whatever. That i can deal with...
But i popped round to hers this afternoon and there was a holiday booking conformation form for the 15th may - 3rd June, going to Spain, and im due on the 21st. The names on the form are for her, him and his daughter.

I feel so angry, upset and confused at why she would book a holiday at this time. This is her first granchild, and she's been quite excited about him.

She knows i wanted her to be there and the fact that she hasn't told me is heartbreaking. I don't know anybody round here really except for my bf, his family and friends.

I know im not mad at being upset about this i just need to vent my fustration as my BF probably will just tell me to go over it xxx

Me and mum have always been quite close except for the few years she was with my stepdad. Since they broke up last year we've become really close again. Recently she started seeing this bloke, which i don't mind at all.

Except the last few weeks she's been shelving plans she's made with me to be with him, girly shopping trips, cinema, and whatever. That i can deal with...
But i popped round to hers this afternoon and there was a holiday booking conformation form for the 15th may - 3rd June, going to Spain, and im due on the 21st. The names on the form are for her, him and his daughter.

I feel so angry, upset and confused at why she would book a holiday at this time. This is her first granchild, and she's been quite excited about him.

She knows i wanted her to be there and the fact that she hasn't told me is heartbreaking. I don't know anybody round here really except for my bf, his family and friends.

I know im not mad at being upset about this i just need to vent my fustration as my BF probably will just tell me to go over it xxx

when you say her hol is booked til the 3rd, june are you due the 23rd of june or may?
I hope that she does not miss the birth, you need to talk to her, ask her whats going on! :hugs:
you poor soul babe
xxxxx

Aww no hun ... are you sure shes twigged on? I mean my mum cant wait for this baby but although she knows the due date she still managed to book the wrong week of work because she got her month mixed up.

Or maybe He's booked it as a surprise without realising and she hasn't told him she cant go that week yet...maybe thats why she didn't say anything to you.

I really hope there's a simple explanation for it hun :hugs:

o no hun i would out an out tell her u dont want her to go that u want her there for the birth

Hi
I totally know how you feel, it was like reading my own story! Except My sister had booked her family holiday and told me she probably wouldn't be here for the birth, I said I didn't care (we aren't close) as long as I had my mum! She then asked my mum and dad did they want to go, they'd been wanting a full family holiday for years but her words were she didn't want them spoiling her family holiday!! Anyways my mum and dad booked on and my mum hadn't got round to telling me..my sister took great pleasure!! I was so upset We had just lost my grandfather 6 weeks earlier and My mum, dad and sister are the only family I have. I was that upset they couldn't see why!!I cut all ties..this was MY first child damn it and Mum had been there throughout for my sisters 2! I was gutted but not surprised, I was the one who has always been there for them...but when I needed them the most!..Anyways it's been a year next month since we stopped speaking, my OH family are in Scotland so it's been difficult but I would never forgive now...maybe my story is slightly different but you only have your 1st child once an at 37 I never thought it would happen for me......

To top it off, Oli was born a month prem, which I put down to emotional stress!

An essay but just had to share :)

I'm so sorry for you both, Kimboowee and EFM! :hugs:

My husband and I have been dealing with our own family frustrations (his sister just booked her wedding, which is across the nation and we would have to fly to attend) for right when our baby is due! Nevermind the fact that I was supposed to be her matron-of-honor and her brother a groomsman...nevermind the fact that we offered to come with our newborn if she'd do it later in August or that we'd come as late as I could fly (and we gave her the date). Nevermind the fact that when we were engaged she and her parents asked us to move our wedding date because of a trip they decided to plan to take her daughter to DisneyWorld and we did! She had nothing booked at all--just an idea that she wanted to get married this summer. I realize that our due date complicated that, but we wanted to be there and said we'd do whatever we could if she would plan around it, but...no. Of course, we didn't expect them to be there for the birth being across the U.S. but we also didn't expect to her to plan it so that we couldn't be there at all!

I'm so frustrated, I can't stand it. If it were my own parents who were planning a trip away, I'd have a breakdown. This is nothing compared to that. I think that the best thing is to talk to her, Kimboowee. Maybe there is an explanation that will make sense. But I know that it's hard too. Take some time to calm down, then talk to her. Good luck. :hugs:

Well i popped round last night and this morning, and no word of this holiday yet. Im trying to work out a way to say it so i don't sound rude! Everything i can think of will be shouted or full of bad words! To top it off my Bfs parents live in France and there not back til the begginging of June. So me and my bf wil bascially be left to care for a newborn when neither of us has even held one nevermind changed a nappy. I think i best look up parenting classes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->