I can't decide - Flips or BumGenius?

Janidog

Reaction score
Flips Stay dry or Bumgenius V3/V4 - which one is better?

well for me it would be a decision on budget....

I have both
Flips i have 6 covers and 7 of each insert will set you back about £150

for the same number of V4's your looking at over £200

the V4's go one like a sposie whereas the Flip isn't necessarily as easy. i've done a flip video on the blog i write for if your interested. (i haven't finished the v4 one yet)
https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/07/focus-on-the-bumgenius-flip-system/

Agree with littlestar. I think they're both as reliable and trim but Flips work out to be alot cheaper as you don't have to buy as many shells as inserts.

Flips work a lot better for us than V3s but we haven't tried V4s yet. Flips are more versatile too, as you can use the outer as a wrap with fitteds. We sometimes use Flip outers over night nappies and they work really well. V3s are slightly smaller than Flips, and V4s have been made with the same sizing as Flips so they should last longer than V3s.

That's a tricky question to answer, because in my opinion they are completely different products!

I'd choose Flips, as they are economical and versatile and I like them the most- the stay dry inserts are good for day (for us) and organic for night. I also use stay dry inserts in other nappies i.e WNOS, and WeeHuggers because they're so absorbant. And I use the cover as a wrap over my Tots Bots Stretchies at night. They don't take up much room in your changing bag cos you just need to take an extra cover and inserts out with you instead of whole nappies. And there's new colours now at BabiPur so they're not as boring!

That said, I also have V3s which I love, too (no V4s yet so can't comment), but for different reasons. The V3 is SO reliable and has lasted 7 hours overnight for K with no problems, and came off dry to touch despite him being a hugely heavy wetter. I use them for car journeys and nighttimes or when he's due a long nap as they fit really well, never leak, and are bombproof so far :)

I have gone for the V3 cause my LO is a very heavy wetter and got them brand new for £11.50

i like both to be honest, i have v4's , sold my v3's as i prefer the poppers on the v4. they are my night nappies, they hold up really well, and i find the flip just as easy as the v4, i dont really see it as extra work putting it together ect. xx

When you're thinking about the work to put them together, don't forget to factor in that V3s need stuffing. With Flips you just lay the insert in the cover - it can be tricky for people who aren't used to them to get it right and you can get leaks if the insert isn't more or less in the centre but it's very quick to do and I just do it as nappies are needed. With V3/V4s, it takes longer to stuff the inserts into the pocket but once they're done, they're fool proof. I don't like to stuff pocket nappies as I need them, I prefer to have them ready. It depends who will be using them as to what's easier/quicker.

When you're thinking about the work to put them together, don't forget to factor in that V3s need stuffing. With Flips you just lay the insert in the cover - it can be tricky for people who aren't used to them to get it right and you can get leaks if the insert isn't more or less in the centre but it's very quick to do and I just do it as nappies are needed. With V3/V4s, it takes longer to stuff the inserts into the pocket but once they're done, they're fool proof. I don't like to stuff pocket nappies as I need them, I prefer to have them ready. It depends who will be using them as to what's easier/quicker.

Ive been using Little Lambs which are good but my little boy is a heavy wetter so he has been going through them so quickly, also I only have 10 of those so need more nappies to add to my stash so i can continue to use reusable. I will be doing everything in advance so i don't have to do it as i go, I will also be teaching my husband how to use them :)

a vote for V3's over here....

abigail can out-wet a flip pretty quick (staydry, never tried organic)....we use V3s for overnight, she goes 10 hours without a leak- EVER!

However, can I ask why you have to have one or the other? If you're building a stash id honestly go a few of each!

abigail can out-wet a flip pretty quick (staydry, never tried organic)....we use V3s for overnight, she goes 10 hours without a leak- EVER!

However, can I ask why you have to have one or the other? If you're building a stash id honestly go a few of each!

Unfortunately i don't have the time to keep buying, trying different nappies trawling the internet for good bargains, as im juggling a job and looking after LO and these two nappies were highly recommend

If I absolutely had to choose I think I'd go for Flips (but I've not got any v4s). The stay-dry insert lasts us a good 4 hours unboosted, whereas to get the same from a v3 insert I need to add a bamboo booster. I like being able to use the wraps over fitted nappies. And I like that the only thing that can get stained (the insert) can be soaked/bleached without risk of damaging elastic or PUL. Flips are thus less work, as far as I am concerned. BGs are certainly a little easier to put on (I also prestuff) but Flips are so trim (I find them a lot trimmer because like I said, I have to add extra boosters to v3s).

Unfortunately i don't have the time to keep buying, trying different nappies trawling the internet for good bargains, as im juggling a job and looking after LO and these two nappies were highly recommend

Ahh, I see I thought you were maybe buying a bulk of them so thought maybe split your budget between the V3s and Flips.

Honestly I think its a win-win....both nappies are pretty fail-safe so whatever choice you make will be the right one :thumbup:

I love the bg v3's, although i haven't got experience of the others. I find the bg v3's last quite awhile and if going on a long car journey, i would always put lo in the bg's. Also i dont find them alot of work as i would sort the all the nappies out after the wash and stuff them. I dont need to add extra inserts either. Post a pic when you can :)

Something else to think about..... Do you use a childminder or nursery? As they may find a pre stuffed BG easier than a flip? Not sure? But when my LO goes to nursery I don't think I'll be sending the flips, as they want them made up ready! But hey, for me, I LOVE my flips!

Both are really good so you cant go far wrong with one or the other- if I HAD to choose betwee them personally Id go for Flips- more flexibilty in terms of inserts, work better for nighttime for us and like the poppers.

Something else to think about..... Do you use a childminder or nursery? As they may find a pre stuffed BG easier than a flip? Not sure? But when my LO goes to nursery I don't think I'll be sending the flips, as they want them made up ready! But hey, for me, I LOVE my flips!

LO won't be going to a nursery until he is around 9 months so plenty of time.

My 10 V3s arrived today which was fantastically fast service, so now all i need to do is wash them and away we go :happydance:

Well, our little one isn't here yet, but we went with Flips, as they gave so many options for the insides - Stay Dry, Organic, Prefolds, Flats, Disposables (which we won't likely use), even Fitteds. That way we don't have to invest in a new stash if something isn't working quite right. At least, that's the plan.

We did pick up a few pockets (Kawaii and Sunbaby), just in case - but they were cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->